Burson Air - New portable amplifier/DAC
Oct 1, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #16 of 16
Just spent a few hours with the Burson Air. All listening was done through Senheiser HD 800. The Burson build quality is immediately apparent with the familiar brushed aluminum casing now available in black. The unit was not given any run-in time and the supplied cables were used for the entire session. The immediate sensation coming through the Senheiser is one of refined definition. It is startling how good it sounds for such a compact unit. The power came on smooth and strong to drive the headphones with ease through a very wide dynamic range. The ESS9018 DAC chip shines here, just as it does in every other device in which it is deployed. The listening session quickly became an extended excursion through the familiar territory of a set palylist I use to test new arrivals in my system. The Burson kept me in my seat listening way beyond the sample tracks.
Another first rate product from Burson Audio. As usual, a listening session with familiar music is the only way to judge a hi-fi product. The Burson Air is no exception to that simple rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back