BURRITO LOCKDOWN! OH, MY! WHAT A GOOF!
May 2, 2005 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

BANGPOD

1000+ Head-Fier
Head-Fi'ers --

I just read this article at Yahoo! News... Oh, my! What a goof!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/burrito_l...VjBHNlYwNtcA--

LOCKDOWN! EVERYBODY GET DOWN! HE HAS A BURRITO!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

BANGPATROL

May 2, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Mmmmmmmmmmm...thirty inch burrito.

Since it was wrapped in tin foil and a white T-shirt, I could see how the mistake was made.

mbriant --

I am well-aware that the burrito was "concealed" (I cannot even say THAT with a straight face).
But the thirty inches of wide, aluminum foil is a definitely give-away... It screams Taco Bell!
biggrin.gif

I just hear the Police now: "jalepeno? That is a definite aroma of nuclear armament..."
biggrin.gif

"Guacamole always means poison... UNLESS it is paired with salsa, THEN it is gun powder..."
"Oh, my LORD! We see lettuce! I repeat: we SEE lettuce! Get the snipers on the rooftops!!!"

Sorry about that! I get carried away when the Police mock themselves inadvertantly!
biggrin.gif

BANGPOLICE

May 2, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

I just hear the Police now: "jalepeno? That is a definite aroma of nuclear armament..."
"Guacamole always means poison... UNLESS it is paired with salsa, THEN it is gun powder..."
"Oh, my LORD! We see lettuce! I repeat: we SEE lettuce! Get the snipers on the rooftops!!!"

Since the t-shirt wrapped "suspicious object" was reported to the police by a civilian, they had to take it seriously. Imagine if it actually had been a gun and another Columbine occurred? The police would look much worse saying "we didn't bother responding because we naturally assumed it was a t-shirt wrapped 30" burrito".
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 21
Common sense is severly lacking on both sides

Side A-what was that knucklhead doing with a 30 inch burrito in school if not to startle someone on some level

Side B-whatever happened to a simple "whatcha got there ?" question before calling the gendarmes and causing a ruckus ?

JEEEEEZ ! get a freakin grip !

May 2, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 21
this is what happens when fear is instilled, there was some tradegys sure but now throught the media etc people are scared of their own shadow, like i mean how on earth does that look liek a gun or a bomb.. i dunno its late im tired and im rambling

May 2, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #9 of 21
So, was the burrito taken in for questioning, or did the kids get to enjoy it as planned?

May 2, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #10 of 21
nah, i simply dont understand why one need to bring a meal that big to school in the first place. seem excessive for a lunch meal for me. dont tell me he's gonna eat all that.

May 2, 2005 at 10:34 AM Post #11 of 21
"..filled with steak, guacamole, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos."

mmm..
tongue.gif

May 2, 2005 at 1:14 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
nah, i simply dont understand why one need to bring a meal that big to school in the first place. seem excessive for a lunch meal for me. dont tell me he's gonna eat all that.

Read the article again. It was a part of an assignment.
tongue.gif

May 2, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #13 of 21
He probably dropped it and they called in the bomb squad robot who safely detonated it. THE HORROR, THE HORROR!

May 2, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
"..filled with steak, guacamole, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos."

mmm..
tongue.gif

Are you guys kidding???? A 30" burrito filled with that stuff is tantamount to a biohazard weapon after being consumed by some people I know... Must break out the surplus gas masks....
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back