Burr Brown opa627 / 827
Mar 1, 2011 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

goodguys

New Head-Fier
Hello and thanks for reading this reply.

A few members have upgraded the opa2604 found in the firestone fubar 2 with the opa627 and reported a substantial improvement. Does anyone know how this is done as the pin arrangement for the opa627 is very much different from the opa2604.

Many thanks in advance. John.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 4
You will need a single to dual adapter. See their site: http://www.audiophileproducts.com/opamps

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 4

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to bypass the opa2604 opamp all together, my thinking is the best kind of opamp is no opamp at all. Theoretically
" removing " the opamp should realise an improvement in sound quality as it bypasses componenets. The fubar dac is running into a 300 watt rms quad  amplifier of which 30 watts is sufficient for me, do you think it will be loud enough with the opamp bypassed.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 4
I don't know how they have their components confgured inside, so you'll have to ask them yourself. If you were feeling brave, you could just shove a resistor in and connect the + input to the output on each side (assuming it's non-inverting, otherwise the - terminal)... but I take no responsibility for that
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back