Burning loseless audiophile track to audiophile CD-R
Sep 4, 2007 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

WindowsX

Member of the Trade: Fidelizer Audio
How does it sound like comparing to original ones?

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 38
Give it a try and you will find out for yourself..:)

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 38
I can't try it myself right now...c'mon tell me :p

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it sound like comparing to original ones?

Are you serious? It's obviously flawed comparing to the original!

--Just kidding. Assuming you have normally working burner, and good quality blank it will be absolutely identical.

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you serious? It's obviously flawed comparing to the original!

--Just kidding. Assuming you have normally working burner, and good quality blank it will be absolutely identical.

My experience mirrors your 1st answer. Your 2nd answer only works when the original CD is also of good quality. So no scratches, fingermarks, etc.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 38
You can use Accurate Rip with EAC and compare the md5sum to the other rips of the same CD to make sure it is 100% the same.

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 38
Check sum verification is your friend. It puts the lie to audiophool nonsense.

See ya
Steve

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #9 of 38
What about quality of CD-R I use? I think it has important role to keep error less for playing back music.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

What about quality of CD-R I use? I think it has important role to keep error less for playing back music.

The quality of CD-R may determine whether or not you get a perfect copy or not and how long the media will last. If your copy is perfect and the checksums are the same, then there will be no difference in sound quality from CD-R to another. A gold CD-R will not sound any better than a normal one.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #12 of 38
Sep 7, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's a little blog entry that I wrote recently. Note that the comparison isn't between the yellow-packaged and blue-packaged Fujifilm CD-Rs, but a general comparison of no-name CD-Rs and branded CD-Rs.

Bottom line: My take is that for audio players, CD-R quality probably matters, as it won't read the bad parts of the disc again and again and again until it reads the bits right like a computer does. When you do a checksum check (or similar) using a computer, it might read the bad parts of the disc over and over again, and then determines that it's 100% the same as the original. But audio players don't do that.

Sep 7, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #14 of 38
Yes bad CDRs are crap, Taiyo Yuden is the best hands down.

parrot:
That is precisely why many people are storing their lossless music on a PC.

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The quality of CD-R may determine whether or not you get a perfect copy or not and how long the media will last. If your copy is perfect and the checksums are the same, then there will be no difference in sound quality from CD-R to another. A gold CD-R will not sound any better than a normal one.

I read in some place an article some time ago, about black CDs being better than the regular standard CDR's, not sure if it is true or not, it was an extensive article with measuments and graphics, etc....not sure about the validity of those claims, but just more voodoo will not harm...
tongue.gif

I think it was this one here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back