Burning-in Beyerdynamic DT770PRO 250Ω (cat freaks out with the white noise.)
May 28, 2010 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

countach

100+ Head-Fier
Well, my brand new DT770 just arrived and before the burn-in, i've made an initial sound check paired with the Leckerton Audio UHA-3 (in HI GAIN mode). There was a lot of bass and nice (but rolled) highs. And a huge mid hole too. I hope some of that will be fixed in the burn....

Unbox pictures: http://www.silueth.com/n/100527dt770unbox/

Maybe I'm too addicted to the ER4P sound. I've tried the Westone W3, for example, and this ones sounds more like the DT770.

I still choose the Etymotic sound hands down. The soundstage and the bass section are far superior than the W3 and the not-burnedin DT700 ones. Etys mids and highs deserve no further praise. For me they are simply unbeatable.

So, here I am, listening to a background of white noise that still can be heard from the bottom of that pile of towels...

I've made a video of my cat freaking out because of the white noise.

May 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 6
He he.  Your cat looks more confused than anything else.  My parrot gets freaked out whenever I move something big, like a large box.  She tries to run away or hide.  She gets freaked out by my cheap circumaural Labtecs but tried to chew my SE530s to bits.

Maybe we need a pets and headphones thread, full of cute pics and videos. A dollar to the first person who post a pic of their dog (or possibly very large cat) wearing some K1000s!

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 6
so how are you dt 770's now? are they better? i have the same ones and i plan on burning them in with music and pink and white noise, i know spanish by the way

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 6
The best way to "burn in" is probably just listening to them. Much of the effect is down to getting used to the new sound, and some of it is due to finding the best fit and positioning, changes to the clamping force and ear pads as a result of wear, etc. - none of these will happen with playing pink noise and not wearing the headphones.

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 6
If I play on the synth I have then my cat usually starts meowing and gets like very strange and cuddly and wants to sit in my lap and starts scratching my legs while purring. xD

She doesn't mind music on TV but she seems to love when I play on the synth for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back