Burned CD's on a CT470... help!
Sep 19, 2002 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

secretasianman

100+ Head-Fier
Well, it takes my CT470 literally minutes to load up a burned CD, when it works at all... also when I have antiskip on, I can leave the CDP perfectly still and have it freeze up several times an hour. I suppose it's having problems reading burned CD's since normal CD's load up regularly, so here's my question:

If u have/had this problem too, what do you think the cause is? My burner is a cheap POS (Optorite 40x) and I use TDK 700meg "Music CD-R"s. Thanks for any help.

Sep 19, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #2 of 5
the speed of the burn maybe? i burn cdr's at 8x...no problems playing back on any pcdp's...ever.

Never heard of that burner brand, any friends got a different burner to test out their cdr's on your pcdp maybe?

Sep 19, 2002 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 5
I have a 570 and I haven't had any problems with CD-R's. You are using CD-R's not CD-RW's? In fact I regularly use TDK CD-R's, burned with a Phillips standalone recorder, so I don't think the media is the problem. I've also burned TDK's and Maxell CD-R's with my computer burner and had no problems.

EagleDriver has reported freezing prbolems with his 470 sounding a lot like what you're experiencing, but I think his does it with regular CD's. Does your unit only freeze on the CD-R's? If so, it does sound like some kind of incompatability between your burner and your 470.

Sep 19, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, you may want to try burning at 8x or 4x (or even 1x!) to see if you get better results. I know most portables like 8x or less, and my Rio Volt (original) likes 4x or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back