burn in tracks
Jul 21, 2007 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Lowfront

100+ Head-Fier
Alright I did try a quick search with no luck but I can't find my burn in tracks I got off here awhile ago now.

It was like a 20min white noise with a 2 min silence track, to just repeat over and over again.

I remember them being big .wav files I believe.

Anyone know where I could grab this or something similar?

Sorry, and I'm going to run for cover just in case I get flamed for this.

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 16
I believe that any music that has a wide range of frequencies
and contains good transient information will do. For extra
good juju just play your favorite song so that everything
get enough practice.

Jul 22, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 16
Download Diamond Cut DC6 demo, go to the "edit" and then "make waves" and generate a sweep of 15 Hz to 10 kHz about 30 seconds long.

Go to "edit" again and then "select all", go to any of the filters and when it opens, check the "bypass" box and then click "preview" and just let it run at whatever volume you like. Probably you should start fairly low and then gradually turn it up as the headphones get more broken in.

Hope that helps..

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 16
I got a lot of helpful answers here

contrastique's link is what youre looking for i think

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 16
Whitehouse - Movement 2000

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #8 of 16
Lowfront;3132939 said:
It was like a 20min white noise with a 2 min silence track, to just repeat over and over again.

I remember them being big .wav files I believe.

If you know someplace I can upload an mp3 file, I'd be happy to make a pink noise file for headphone burn in.

Pink noise has more energy in the bass and less in the treble than does white noise.

Jul 22, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #11 of 16
maybe, in the long run... but I got noticeably different results when I first did some pink&white noise for a good few hours, although, ultimately, I guess you're right... after enough time, enough of it all will be played through.

I used an application called "Electroacoustics Toolbox" for mac. I played a superposition of white noise, pink noise and a sine wave sweep from 5 to 22k Hz. occasionally I played 2 frequencies in close proximity to get beats. I almost always superpositioned a playlist of a veriety of different music too..

My ultrasones required a good 200 hours before they seem to have reached their plateau though I certainly enjoyed them during most of that time...

Jul 27, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was exactly what I was looking for. Even has the 2 min, of silence.

Thanks!

You're most welcome!
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back