Burn in time for beyerdynamic DT880?
Jan 20, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #31 of 40
I have tested them on many systems, all my own and on my brothers stereo with Musical Fidelity X-can V3.

It is no problem to drive them just lack in details, muddy and uninspiring.

My system:Arcam CD73 and A80 can drive them very hard so no, it is the headphones that are bad.

It must be a manufacture faliure of some kind, sad.

I am going to return them for a new pair, i am shure it is alright this time, I have read so many good reviews about them so they can not be like this.

wink.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #32 of 40
To shigzeo!

What is the matter with you? you dont have to be rude! I only want some advice here and obviuos it is some kind of failiure with these cans.

My hearing is wery good thanks! I am a music producer so i test my hearing once a year, so I know i can hear above 18kHz=more than most people do.

Have you read my posts at all? no I dont think so.

I have Arcam Diva A80 and Arcam Diva CD73=CD player not a casette player, and they are good.

And my half crappy Philips cans sounds way better than the DT880:s so it must be some kind of foult with the DT:s.

blink.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by cube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To shigzeo!

What is the matter with you? you dont have to be rude! I only want some advice here and obviuos it is some kind of failiure with these cans.

My hearing is wery good thanks! I am a music producer so i test my hearing once a year, so I know i can hear above 18kHz=more than most people do.

Have you read my posts at all? no I dont think so.

I have Arcam Diva A80 and Arcam Diva CD73=CD player not a casette player, and they are good.

And my half crappy Philips cans sounds way better than the DT880:s so it must be some kind of foult with the DT:s.

blink.gif

I doubt it's anything personal, some people simply can't handle the thought that everybody else doesn't have the same praise for certain headphones as they do.
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #34 of 40
I would leave the DT880s playing overnight with some rock music on a moderate level, and then listen to it again in 24 hours or so. I really hated my pair when I first got it too, now it's pretty damn magical.

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #35 of 40
When I bought the DT880s, they sounded good, but they didn't sound anywhere near great until a considerable amount of burn-in time. By considerable, I mean at least 100+ hours. I started with just playing my 'normal music' through them overnight, and that did the trick some, but what really did the trick for me was pink noise. Someone posted an MP3 of pink noise (5 min sample) on the forums not all that long ago, you can probably find it.

Just as goorackerelite said, let them go overnight. Personally, I just turned on the pink noise, and let it go for for something around a 3-4 nights. It was adequate in helping the sound quality improve leaps and bounds. Last night I did another pink-noise burnin, and this morning I didn't notice that much of a difference so I think it's settling down at least for me.

It takes awhile though.

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by cube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have tested them on many systems, all my own and on my brothers stereo with Musical Fidelity X-can V3.

Well if an X-can V3 still can't make them sound good, you either have a defective unit or you might just not like the sound of the DT880 (although I can't see how it can sound as bad as you described). Try getting a different pair, good luck!

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #37 of 40
And if none of that works, return the headphone and give something REALLY good a shot, like Bose Triports or Sony MDR-V300s. Why you clowns mess with junk like Beyerdynamic is beyond me. You spend all your money on your source and then you skimp on your headphones?? I'll never get it...

j/k
:)

Jan 21, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if none of that works, return the headphone and give something REALLY good a shot, like Bose Triports or Sony MDR-V300s. Why you clowns mess with junk like Beyerdynamic is beyond me. You spend all your money on your source and then you skimp on your headphones?? I'll never get it...

j/k

it's not funny to joke that like that
blink.gif
you almost sounded convincing enough to have me belive for a second there.
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #40 of 40
The bass quantity has never been the best part of DT880 sound, but what bass they produce is great and detailed. They have no problems in presenting the lowest rumbles and all, they just dont shove it down your ears rattling your skull.
But the mids and highs clarity is the strong part of DT880 by long shot, no muddiness here!

When you get a new pair and they sound bad too, its possible that DT880 isnt for you. Try DT990 '05. Far from flatness of DT880, but bass and treble clarity will not be an issue! Should not be overblown boom and shrill, but nicely exaggerated in both regions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back