Burn in Roundup!
Jun 6, 2007 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Sunkinator

Head-Fier
It would be pretty cool to see how many headfiers burn in their new headphones.

This thread will be a headcount. gl hf

Oh, btw

I burn mine in
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 66
i allow others to burn them in for months, years, or even decades before i listen to them.

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 66
I burned in my DT931 by accident with a lot of DC on the right channel while tweaking my AKG amp too extreme. Now I have to buy a new driver from Beyerdynamic. Lesson: DC is bad for burn in, and Beyerdynamic headphones are easier to break than AKG headphones.

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 66
Burn / listen / burn / listen / burn

So yeah, I burn them in.

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #7 of 66
I guess everybody burns their headphones in. The real question is if you listen to them while burning them in. I listen to mine from the moment I receive them.

What the hey Fitz, you finally changed you avatar? I didn't recognize you for a second there.

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #8 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the hey Fitz, you finally changed you avatar? I didn't recognize you for a second there.

I am in disguise so the many people who don't like me here won't recognize me. I will send a notice on the AKG underground hotline to inform all the good members of the change.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 66
I really enjoy listening to pink noise, instant Eargasm
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #10 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunkinator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really enjoy listening to pink noise, instant Eargasm
very_evil_smiley.gif

You should check out this band called Whitehouse.

Seriously.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #11 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I burned in my DT931 by accident with a lot of DC on the right channel while tweaking my AKG amp too extreme. Now I have to buy a new driver from Beyerdynamic. Lesson: DC is bad for burn in, and Beyerdynamic headphones are easier to break than AKG headphones.

you sound like our good nordost representative..

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #12 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should check out this band called Whitehouse.

Seriously.

nah i was jking, i would never cheat on my beloved white noise.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #13 of 66
I listen the whole time I use a new set of phones. Although there have been times when I put on a familiar CD and listened to the first number or two then took off the phones and let them play unattended till the CD ended. After the first month or two I never let the phones play unattended, it's just too much fun to listen!

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #14 of 66
I'm a big fan of pink noise too.
I had the ES7 for two months and burnt it in using regular music, there was slight improovement in the bass, it became tighter.
Then I discovered pink noise.
Burnt in my ES7 with pink noise for 48 hours straight using the pink noise and 2 mins silence loop. It made one heck of a difference, brought out the mids and highs in the ES7.
smily_headphones1.gif

My future DT990 is gonna get the same treatment too.
tongue.gif

Burn in FTW!

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #15 of 66
Pink noise may be more efficient than just regular music.

I used to hate my SR-60's until i pink noised them for 4 days straight and now I love them. (I guess it's a love/hate relationship)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back