Burn-in question...
Oct 9, 2008 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jordanross

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought myself a Little Dot MKIVse for a late birthday present, and I had a few questions regarding bur-in.

I have heard that this amp requires somewhere in the range of 100-200 hours of burn-in to fully mature.

Here's my situation, I am a college student so I am at school from 9am to 3pm, and according to my user guide I should be doing 8 hour burn-in sessions with 30min to an hour rests. How am I supposed to complete my burn-in with in a reasonable time frame, if I can only burn-in for 8 hours a day(since I wont be home to monitor) I'm sure its not recommended to leave it going for 8 hours unattended. Or is that OK can I start running it at 8am, go to school, then come home at 4pm shut it off and repeat at 5pm.

Sorry if this is jumbled and confusing, just looking for some insight, what would you do in my situation?

Oct 9, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 8
But that would mean I'd be running it for longer than an 8 hour period, is that ok?

Oct 9, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 8
Do not worry about it, and enjoy the music is my advice. This way you could also experience the changes, if any.
I do not think leaving it on while away is a good idea.

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Unless there is some unlistenable quality in the sound I would take Spoon's advice and also continue the burn when convenient. This way you can enjoy your purchase as it comes into its sound.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard that this amp requires somewhere in the range of 100-200 hours of burn-in to fully mature.

Did you get an amp or a banana?...
biggrin.gif
...What is suppose to "fully mature" in the amp?
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif
At 200 hours it get fully mature, and at 400 it get what, rotten???

Please do yourself a favor and stop paying too much attention at some the fairy tales that are said around here, and just enjoy the amp the way it is, the only improvement you will get, if any, is after your ears accept the new sound, if you are not familiar with it, nothing else will change...
wink_face.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #7 of 8
I agree. You shouldn't worry too much about burning process.Right now just enjoy the amp and you will be more exciting when you hear the improved sound after fully burning

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Great advice guys especially Sovkiller, guess I just got caught up in the details while waiting for the amp, rather than just focusing on enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back