Burn in question, from a grade a newbie!
Nov 6, 2002 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

imported_maverick_12

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, I have a brand new set of hd580s sitting here, and I'm going to use them for my computer, however I'm also going to order a amp for them, should i wait for the amp before burning them in? and should i just play my favorite genre of music burning them in or more bassy music? thanks
-eric

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Lots of different preferences with burnin, but my opinion is that basically you want to exercise the phones for about 48 hours. Any sound source is fine. I plug mine into the receiver with the radio on. Play through them at a lower volume level than normal for a few hours, then a bit louder for a while, and then finish off at normal and slightly louder than normal volumes. 48 hours is more than enough for some phones, and not enough for others, so you may continue to hear an improvement in sound quality. Just don't actually listen to them during the burnin period, or you'll ruin everything, and have to start all over again.

Just kidding on that last one
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by dougli
Just don't actually listen to them during the burnin period, or you'll ruin everything, and have to start all over again.

You're cruel, dougli.

just kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back