Burn in question for Bose Triport IE's
Jan 25, 2007 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ChristianC.

New Head-Fier
im new here, i was just wonderin' is there a difference between burning in these phones continusly than just letting burning it in on my own pace? om new to listening to quality sound so if anyone can help me out with this , please do so coz ive read alot of articles that these phones need alot of burning in. thanks!

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 16
there may be some not so good comments ahead
redface.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #5 of 16
Burn in should improve the sound whether it's continuous or over several listening periods. So burn them in anyway you like, preferably over an open flame.
evil_smiley.gif

As far as sound quality, do search for Bose...

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #6 of 16
Hmmm, burn them without the "in"? Anyway, don't let anyone tell you what to listen to or what to use to listen to it. If you like the sound of your Bose stick with it. I would suggest you try other brands just to experience the difference.

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 16
Unless the IE is an exception, IEMs and the like do not burn-in due to the type of drivers housed in them.

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #9 of 16
" I took a music appreciation course at my local community college and was exposed to a lot of classical works which included opera and orchestral pieces. Let me just say that I’ve heard the highest falsetto's during operatic passages and they were produced beautifully in these headphones. "

from

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/bosephones/

I really love this review It made me laughed so loud that I almost fell off my chair.
tongue.gif

PS. About your question, there is no difference between both ways.

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #12 of 16
I can recommend a bonfire.

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #13 of 16
Guys quite the flaming. We already know Bose is not respected around here but some people do like them. It's there sound not yours. So instead of flaming the OP for using Bose just answere the original question. Of course you could recomend him to listen to other IEM's but let him decide, not you.

OP: Usually on IEM's or Canal phones Burn-In typicaly doesn't matter. It may open them up a little bit but other than mabey 5 minuets after the first use there not gonna get much wider. Some people have other opinions.

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by outmatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
" I took a music appreciation course at my local community college and was exposed to a lot of classical works which included opera and orchestral pieces. Let me just say that I’ve heard the highest falsetto's during operatic passages and they were produced beautifully in these headphones. "

from

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/bosephones/

I really love this review It made me laughed so loud that I almost fell off my chair.
tongue.gif

That review is hilarious. The frequency response graph isn't even the right one for Triport (graph shown was QC2).
evil_smiley.gif

As to the OP's question, burn them in whichever way you like, the difference is going to be subtle anyway.

Jan 25, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

TIP: A lot of headphones require a burn-in process of blasting a variety of music very loudly for roughly 48 hours to get optimum sound quality. I’m not sure if this is needed for Bose Triports, but it wouldn’t hurt.

Not only does this guy want you to buy Triports, he wants you to blow them up. Maybe he's not all bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back