Burn-in peculiarity?
Aug 9, 2005 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

plyr

100+ Head-Fier
Well, im using my HD650 for some time now, about 30-35hrs maybe? And today i started do hear some noise, some strange noise like theres something out of place vibrating on the right hear with bass music, is this normal, is it normal to happen after some time? Does it goes away with more burn-in?

Please, need some answers quick before i try to change to another headfone...

Another thing, it tends to happen more on higher volumes...

Aug 9, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by plyr
Well, im using my HD650 for some time now, about 30-35hrs maybe? And today i started do hear some noise, some strange noise like theres something out of place vibrating on the right hear with bass music, is this normal, is it normal to happen after some time? Does it goes away with more burn-in?

Please, need some answers quick before i try to change to another headfone...

Another thing, it tends to happen more on higher volumes...

I got my HD650's last week. I have been blasted Metallica S&M continously through them for the last 100hrs, no problems with sound so far only slight improvements in clarity.

Aug 9, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaufei
Does it happen all the time or is it a random kind of thing?

I have a similiar problem with my DT880s.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129968

Happens more on higher volumes, its like something is broken on the right can, before someone think that i had problem with extreme high volumes, its not, since i use the headfone directly indo my audigy2zs, its impossible to get extreme high volumes without an amp...
I have tested on my Sony discman too, without any amp and it happens too...

PS: I readed your topic, and its exacly that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasonharkin
I got my HD650's last week. I have been blasted Metallica S&M continously through them for the last 100hrs, no problems with sound so far only slight improvements in clarity.

I have that CD, but im testing with more bassy music, like Beta Band - Heros to Zeros, the last music, "12- Pure for" its pretty evident crack noise issue...

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaufei
Does it happen all the time or is it a random kind of thing?

I have a similiar problem with my DT880s.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129968

Open them up like Yaufei did and use a hairdryer or fan to blow out any unwanted dust particles etc in there. If this does not solve the problem post them back to the manufacturer for repair.

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 8
It worked, but a didnt used any blow method at all...
icon10.gif

I opened it, there was nothing aparent, so i went to the file and tried to play the bass sound some times, on lower volumes didnt occur nothing, so, i was playing again and again raising the volume all to the max and suddenly after 3-4 bass on the MAX of the audigy the thing(crack noise) disappeared. I think the air and the movement of the drive forced some dust particles to go away on higher volume...

Just for the record, i didnt use any amp, so if anyone tryes the same, just keep in mind that a didnt use any amp, so the volume on the amp is a lot lower that a i used here direct in the audigy...

thx for the replys.

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 8
My HD590s started doing that a long time ago. Would I be correct in assuming your headphones aren't amped? I associated the noise with the sound speakers make when they're under-amped. My advice would be to make sure they're properly amped, and to NOT send them back to Sennheiser for repair if it ever gets to that point. I sent my HD590s back to them to repair the same issue, and they wanted me to pay $100, shipping not included, on a pair of $150 headphones to fix it. Their cost for me to decline the repairs and have the headphones sent back to me? $35, shipping not included. Absolutely outrageous.

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kampfy
My HD590s started doing that a long time ago. Would I be correct in assuming your headphones aren't amped? I associated the noise with the sound speakers make when they're under-amped. My advice would be to make sure they're properly amped, and to NOT send them back to Sennheiser for repair if it ever gets to that point. I sent my HD590s back to them to repair the same issue, and they wanted me to pay $100, shipping not included, on a pair of $150 headphones to fix it. Their cost for me to decline the repairs and have the headphones sent back to me? $35, shipping not included. Absolutely outrageous.

yes, they are not amped, the noise is only in certain very low frequencies, i think its really a problem that the speaker doesnt move like it suppose to move at under-amp conditions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back