Burn-In methods
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Gryphus0204

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post this here, but I would like to know your burn-in methods. Right now I'm using pink noise for 2 hours before an hour break, is that correct or wrong?

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 24
I tend to just leave them plugged in and set to just passed loud levels and play my list at random.  So far there are no major measurements showing this improves the headphones in any way so you may just want to listen to them.  There were some measured changes due to possible temperature / pressure changes every 12 hours or so indicating that perhaps temperature changes helps with burn in more than audio.

I have left headphones plugged into my home stereo receiver while I watch TV / movies.  This will have a similar effect on the headphones as burning them in.  I would not expect a huge difference in sound after the burn in, but it is possible.

What headphones are you burning in by chance?

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 24

Quote:
I tend to just leave them plugged in an on set to just passed loud levels and play my list at random.  So far there are no major measurements showing this improves the headphones in any way so you may just want to listen to them.  There were some measured changes due to possible temperature / pressure changes every 12 hours or so indicating that perhaps temperature changes helps with burn in more than audio.

I have left headphones plugged into my home stereo receive while I watch TV / movies.  This will have a similar effect on the headphones and burning them in.  I would not expect a huge difference in sound after the burn in, but it is possible.

What headphones are you burning in by chance?

yes i agree with this, burning in a headphone doesn't significantly change a headphone's overall quality, unless you are listening to the CC51s. If you are trying to burn in your headphones the right way trying to make the sound "better" whatever headphones you have just probably aren't the ones for you and no amount of physical burning in will change that, but mental burning in will.

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 24
V-moda V80 and Vsonic gr07 and soul sl150.... So basically you just play the songs your listen to at high volume?

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 24
i burned in my gr07s by abusing them

i do not recommend it though, just general music/noise played at reasonable volume levels will do the it.
expect hundreds of hours burn in on the gr07s

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #7 of 24
So any noise will do the trick? And how many hours to expect for gr07?

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 24
I listen to music.

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 24

Quote:
So any noise will do the trick? And how many hours to expect for gr07?

the gr07 should sound pretty good out of the box.....

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 24
So I can use sound or any music/songs to burn in?

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 24
Why not just use them normally right out of the box? If the sound characteristics are going to change, they will change with normal use, too, at least until some equilibrium is achieved.

Disclaimer: I also break in a new pair of shoes by wearing them. I'm a rebel that way

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
Why not just use them normally right out of the box? If the sound characteristics are going to change, they will change with normal use, too, at least until some equilibrium is achieved.
Disclaimer: I also break in a new pair of shoes by wearing them. I'm a rebel that way

I mix and match this...  I listen to them while they break in, but when I'm not listening, they are running to make the break in process quicker.  As for running shoes, it hurts to break them in, but it is needed.

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #14 of 24
Lol. Shouldn't break in make the headphones better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back