bunch of new models from creative coming out?
Sep 7, 2004 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Reck45

100+ Head-Fier
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ch_creative_dc

Hehe funny that their market share of sound cards is on the decline...other companies have really dealt them a blow, since people have figured their cards suck.

I hate apple more than creative, so I would love to see the ipod knocked off the number one spot. Rio would be a serious contender...the karma is the best player out, but people are very hesitant since all the quality problems.

Look like you may want to put off buying one...I'd bet the new ones will be smaller. So maybe we will get a touch with a removable battery? If so ipod is out(if people are smart).

Sep 7, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 2
Creative has been seriously hurt over the years after the motherboard chip makers integrated their own sound chip with the motherboard chipset. I think the same is happening with the graphics chip market, but at a much slower pace where the companies have more time to evolve out of their present markets and do something else more interesting.

Its only a matter of time before the Ipod will face stiff competition from other electronic companies. I really don't care right now if the Ipod is knocked off as the number one mp3 player. What I reallly want to see is how Apple will adapt with the competition and keep the IPod line profitable. Also, if Apple fails, I want to see how long they keep dragging a dead horse before giving up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back