Bumblefoot appreciation thread?
Mar 13, 2006 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

asmox

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, Freak Kitchen didn't get any love.. maybe we can offer up some for Bumblefoot. I'm listening to Hands right now, and Ron Thal's other-worldly guitar histrionics just keep me on the floor.. even after so many spins. The guy really is an unparalleled genius in the realm of instrumental absurdity.. not to mention the most humble dude ever.

woo, who's with me?

Mar 13, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 8
i watched a vid of them on that clip in the Gen. Discussion forum, and i dug that kazoo solo. They seem to be pretty down to earth for being shredders!

Mar 14, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 8
That's a freaking awesome guitar.

He's ok too.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 8
He's pretty awesome to see live, too.

One show, he played all of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, then took some totally random requests, and then let a bunch of people from the audience come up and play the Bumblefoot guitar for some of the jams. Fun.

rs1smile.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, Freak Kitchen didn't get any love.. maybe we can offer up some for Bumblefoot. I'm listening to Hands right now, and Ron Thal's other-worldly guitar histrionics just keep me on the floor.. even after so many spins. The guy really is an unparalleled genius in the realm of instrumental absurdity.. not to mention the most humble dude ever.

woo, who's with me?

i am also a member of a couple gnr forums and have read many interviews and comments by ron...YES, he is probably one of the most humble, gracious, down to earth, friendly guys in the whole music industry.

BUT, he shreds. GNR does not shred. Play with some melody for crying out loud. He may be a very good guitar player, but his style does not fit GNR; therefore I do not like him.

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 8
I wish his earlier albums as himself (Ron Thal) were easier to find. From what I've heard, those were better produced than some of his recent Bumblefoot efforts, which sound thinner and thinner every time I upgrade equipment.
icon10.gif

That said, I can listen past what sounds like merely semi-pro gear and hear the uberguitarist inside. I think his most jaw-dropping moments are in "Guitars Suck" and his rendition of Chopin's "Fantasie." Whew.

So far, I only own Uncool, which in retrospect was probably a bad first choice. It seems like the album with the least guitar, but I absolutely had to have it after seeing the way-trippy "T-Jones" video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back