Bult my first system dilemma.
Jun 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #31 of 40
Your soundcard has an integrated amp that would probably be inferior to an dedicated amp . . .

Were you able to confirm that? I was unable to find any information on a headphone amp built into his soundcard. Not uncommon for soundcards to lack one. I have a Xonar DX that doesn't have one.

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #32 of 40
Were you able to confirm that? I was unable to find any information on a headphone amp built into his soundcard. Not uncommon for soundcards to lack one. I have a Xonar DX that doesn't have one.

You're right, I didn't read good enough, I see now that he uses the stereo output with his current headphones, bummer.

My bad :frowning2:

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #33 of 40
This need more thinking because I cant find fidelio nor any of the amps that you both suggested without online order wich means extra money for shipping I think.But from what I understand...fidelio would be better than grado 325 and sennheiser 598 and it may or may not need an amp.Am I right?

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #35 of 40
About the soundcard.My intention was just to use the dac of the soundcard.It supose to be a good dac and a good soundcard after all,it has the same chip as preety decent dacs,good grounding and decent op amps as I have read over the internet.The perfect situation would be to use the dac of the card to a headphone amp.My logick is that this card was priced at 240 euros,how much better dac can be in a 100-150 dac/amp combo?

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #36 of 40
About the soundcard.My intention was just to use the dac of the soundcard.It supose to be a good dac and a good soundcard after all,it has the same chip as preety decent dacs,good grounding and decent op amps as I have read over the internet.The perfect situation would be to use the dac of the card to a headphone amp.My logick is that this card was priced at 240 euros,how much better dac can be in a 100-150 dac/amp combo?

Yes , I understand that now. Just didn't realized it earlier. I'm sorry about that.

As for the sound quality of the soundcard I'm sorry (again) but I'm not familiar with it.

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #37 of 40

I'm sure the DAC in your soundcard will be fine. You just need some kind of headphone amp to go with it :)

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #39 of 40
I have never used amazon.I found the fidelio in amazon and it's free shipping.Do you know if this is for US only or it could mean for Europe too?

For Europe I'd use amazon.it. They've had the X2's at very good price for long periods so try to keep an eye on the price there. Even a lot of people in the USA ordered from there before.

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #40 of 40
Thank you for the information.I did a quick search and it appears that there are so much better prices in the amazon than in the market in my country.I will make a research again.From what I understand the problem is narrowed to the fact that I could get better headphones with that money but maby I wouldnt be able to enjoy their full potential because of the lack of an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back