Built my first cmoy
Oct 21, 2002 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
I know, nothing special there, but i felt pretty good cause i got it right on the first try. Especially, since i have real poor access to parts (i'm in a very small town in japan) and i picked up possibly the worst pcb possible. It's far from done at this point, i don't have access to the tools i need to put it in a case until i get back to the us, but i've built and tested the circuits and everythings good to go.

This will not be my only project, i'm sure, but i can't wait to get back home where i'll have better access to parts and tools and such. Only took me about five hours i think, not too bad for a rank amateur, although i still have no idea what i'm going to put it in
tongue.gif

The threads on this board and Tangent's site have been invaluable and i doubt i would have been as successful without them, thanks all.

Now, what to do next?
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2002 at 8:42 AM Post #3 of 5
Don't know what to do next.... but congrats none-the-less. I hope to start work on my CMoy at my next spare moment...

Oct 22, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Punslayer
I know, nothing special there, but i felt pretty good cause i got it right on the first try. Especially, since i have real poor access to parts (i'm in a very small town in japan) and i picked up possibly the worst pcb possible. It's far from done at this point, i don't have access to the tools i need to put it in a case until i get back to the us, but i've built and tested the circuits and everythings good to go.

This will not be my only project, i'm sure, but i can't wait to get back home where i'll have better access to parts and tools and such. Only took me about five hours i think, not too bad for a rank amateur, although i still have no idea what i'm going to put it in
tongue.gif

The threads on this board and Tangent's site have been invaluable and i doubt i would have been as successful without them, thanks all.

Now, what to do next?
wink.gif

Mmmmmm.. take it apart and rebuild an optimized version of it?

hehehe... I know my Multiloop-buffered-opamp head amp has gone through 3 prototype boards.

Oct 22, 2002 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 5
oh, i'll definitely be taking it apart and rebuilding it, but that will have to wait till i get back home and have better access to parts. Not speaking japanese sucks.

Actually, i'm pretty much gonna have to rebuild it, since i seem to have accidentally grabbed the wrong value for some of my resistors, oops
tongue.gif
Plus i just plain have a lot of experimenting to do.

I'll probably try building a few different cmoys before i move on to other stuff though, 'specially since i have enough parts to do at least one more already. So now i'll have to start experimenting with the cmoy design and see what i can see.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back