building my rig blog.
Jan 26, 2007 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

biermagnaat

100+ Head-Fier
i've got this super super super hard question for you!

it can be answerd by looking at the last picture.
icon10.gif
cool.gif

after it is guessed i will tell the story behind it
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Foto=OH4MPTXR

Foto=YLNCN7HL

Foto=OIFEYYYV

Greetings Tom.
basshead.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amp?

SUPER TOTALLY RIGHT!
lambda.gif
now i'm gonna tell the whole story!

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 13
pretty soon after joining head-fi i found out i needed an amp, yeah i didn't wanted an amp i needed one! it looks super cool to have a portable rig with an amp and it's a better sound quallity.

ok awesome let's find an amp as a super super super noob. i was thinking of making my own CMOY but with a pair of left hands i didn't thought i would make it to make myself a cmoy. that plan went down the drainl. wouln't work for me. man o man this isn't easy let's start something else!

the search for an portable amp! i had contact with kaaspeertje here from the forum and he told me i could find for a small amount of money the ltd and the pa2v2 so i started reading up from the forum. after some time i was aware of the fact that gary, the man behind the pa2v2 a really nice guy must be. so i contacted him and he mailed me back verry soon. so after a time of mailing and waiting for my paycheck the bullet went threw the church and i ordered my pa2v2.

well now i only need an interconnect. hmm it was gonna be a 3,5 to 3.5 because i didn't thought i could affort a nice ipod dock to 3.5mm but then i contacted the folks of http://www.qables.com totally awesome folks!

they made me a reallllly nice offer so now i'm the super happy owner of a switchcraft 6 inch ipod to 3.5mm and i'm super super happy with it! now i'll only have to wait for my pa2v2 which gary has sended to me so i hope to receive it next week

that's my story of entering the big world of amping my gear
icon10.gif

Greetings Tom.

Jan 27, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 13
i think it's cool! can't wait till i receive my amp! i'm verry curious if it makes a big difference in sound!
basshead.gif

Greetings Tom.

Jan 27, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 13
i's now saturday:

i'm still waiting for my pa2v2 to arrive. not that it possibly could be here by now. Gary told me it would take 5 to 10 bussines days. so i'll have to wait at least till probably the end of next week. not that that is a problem but the waiting seemt to last forever!

when i receive my amp i will post pictures of my rig and go look for a bag. i'm thinking of buying a small camera bag and mod it so i can operate my nano on the front side. i'm going to do this buy cutting out a sort of window on the front side and make a window of plastic in front of it so my nano is vissible to me and i can switch songs or such things.

and for the time being, i'm listening to my k81's and waiting for my pa2v2 to arrive.
basshead.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 13
i don't know if anyone is reading this but i'll post in anyway:

it's now monday and i'm still waiting for my pa2v2 i'll hope that it comes in at the end of the week because the wait is driving me crazy
icon10.gif

this morning i was looking on ebay.de and i found an auction with some sennheiser cx300 in them. i looked at the price and it said that the auction was lasting 14 minutes so i posted a bit of 13.99 and after 14 minutes I HAD WON!
etysmile.gif

so now i'm waiting for my pa2v2 AND for my new senn plugs.

CURSE YOU HEAD FI! this is going to be an never ending road for me i guess.

Jan 29, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #10 of 13
Um, I was under the impression that the K81dj's needed no amping whatsoever for portable use ? (or otherwise) As far as sonic characteristics go, I guess mileage may vary in terms of noticing a big enough difference to actually use one.

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #11 of 13
ok it's wednesday evening now.

when i woke up this morning i thougth that my amp would come today.
i was confinced that it would came today. but it didn't first there came a guy to deliver my sisters new cell phone and at the end of the afternoon a guy came to deliver a package for the neighbours. damn still no amp.

i've purchased a pair of cx300's and they aren't in yet either. but that's not so weird because i've purchased them tuesday on ebay.

so now i'm still waiting and i just had to do something! so what are you going to do then? mod some of you're already bought stuff so i've done the bluetak mod on my K81 dj's and i have to say it makes a pretty big differece the bass has tighten up A LOT!
basshead.gif
it was worth the €2,80 i've had to spent on the gum to do the mod
icon10.gif

so now i'm going to wait a bit longer till the pa2v2 gets here.

i hope that the wait for the amp soon will be end
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

so i can enjoy my amp :p

Greetings Tom.
cool.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #12 of 13
so it's monday now and i'm still waiting to receive my amp. hope that it comes soon now. cant stand the wait! to bad it had to come all the way from Canada.

i've had a confirmation that my new senn CX300 are here between a week or three weeks so i'll have to wait for them too, for quite some time.

i'll hope te receive the amp today or tomorrow so i can enjoy my music amped. and go on for a search for an appropiate bag.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #13 of 13
ok it's tuesday now! and i had contact with gary about my amp.
it still hasn't arrived and i can't stand the wait any longer! i want to hold my first amp! but he told me it should be here any day now so i'm hoping it is coming in tomorrow. (this, i'm doing for a week now
icon10.gif
)

well i shall open a new topic when it get's here an make som nice pictures. of me and my first completed rig.

Greetings Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back