Building miniature speaker
Jul 11, 2013 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

staple

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I am looking for help to understand the components I would need to build the following;

I would like to build a mini stereo speaker that receives digital audio, therefore it will need 2 dacs built into it. I would like the speaker to be the size you would imagine on a smart phone.

This is the speaker I am thinking of buying, I want the speakers to be this size :

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/AR027150MR-R/668-1225-ND/1745504 

The design will be a stereo speaker with 2 of these Left and Right for total of 4 speakers. (Think of a 2x2 square)

What I need help with is the rest of the components I will need to purchase to build this. The digital input can be s/pdif.

Can anyone help me lay out the rest of ingredients to build something such as this. I am an enthusiast and really want to learn how to do this.

Also which DAC do you recommend? I want something no more than 20 dollars. What is best value for that price range?

Thanks!!

Any articles and information on this topic would also be helpful if you know of anything please provide.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 3
Hummm...where to start...

OK, by DAC we will take it to mean a board with an S/PDIF receiver chip and D/A converter chip
with low pass filter.

You will also need a small amp to drive the speakers.

The speakers will need an enclosure of some kind as well.

What is the distance you plan to listen to them from and
how much sound do you expect them to produce?

What do you think the budget for the entire project might be?

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, for responding. I plan to listen to them only 12-24 in. Away. I was thinking 100 would be fine but I'm interested I'm knowing more expensive alternatives if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back