Building a Good desktop speaker system
Aug 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

holyxiaoxin

New Head-Fier
I owned a razer mako, but it broke down. It keeps giving me a thumping sound and it takes an irritating 30mins fiddling with it to get it working. So I've decided to change my speakers. I love how the mako gives me good bass and good gaming and music experience. I love listening to music too like trance and electronic.

I have a budget of about $300. Any suggestions on any 2.1 speakers that i can get? I see people building amps for their desktop speakers. People also suggest getting the Klipsch pro media 2.1. Btw, I'm using Auzen Prelude 7.1 sound card. Thanks

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 2
I got a pair of Warfdale Diamond 10.1 speakers for $300 on sale, and they rock, but you need an amp. I have seen Pioneer Elite amps for sub-$200 but they are refurbished. For just plain speakers, I have been shocked by the performance of my Logitech 623 set. It is a 2.1 speaker set with "THX" on the speakers. I used them for gaming and watching youtube. The speakers are little, heavy and shockingly good.I have also used the sub with my Warfdales to great effect.

You can buy the Logitech 623 speaker set for $150, but it is often on sale at Tiger Direct for $100. Try to get free shipping for the set is rather heavy. I 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back