Build your 'frankenphone'
Jul 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

talisman42

500+ Head-Fier
You know the story with Frankestein, right? The scientist got parts from various people to recreate life.

With so many configurations out for phones, it's hard to say that there is 1 phone that has all of the 'best' features.. so what would be your ideal phone?

Sound Signature
Cable
Fit/Comfort
Price
Style
Support
Durability

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 6
I already wear one:

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 6
hmm, my perfect phone would be Ck100 mids + highs with IE8 bass and interchangable cable. Everything else like fit/comfort, style, CK100 does just fine.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 6
holy, holes 'n tubes Batman!

Do you have more photos? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by decay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already wear one:

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 6
While I haven't experienced the IE8 cable, I hear good things about it.

Cable: IE 8

The W3's are nice, but I'm noticing that I need a deeper fit for my right ear so that needs improvement. I think it has to do with the short tube and the fact that the tips are expected to sit closer to the base. Therefore, options are limited. I do have the tip sitting couple millimeters from the base, but there's that slight risk the tip will come off. The alternative is to use the longer Compy foams. The SE420 fits snugly in this regard (with black foam) without fuss.

Fit : Shure (but my ears keep evolving)

I'm still discovering my 'sound' so I can't zero in on one. Sometimes I like the intensity of the deep bass along with the bright clicks and clashes. Sometimes, I like to listen in low volume with a neutral response - especially when I'm studying.

Sound: It depends. I'm just glad that I do have an EQ on the Sandisk to experiment with!

So far, I find myself preferring IEMs designed to be worn with the cables going over the ears. I also prefer the phones that feel and look snug.

Style: W3 and Shure

Price... well that's easy.. All this at JVC marshmellow pricing would be great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, my perfect phone would be Ck100 mids + highs with IE8 bass and interchangable cable. Everything else like fit/comfort, style, CK100 does just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back