bug bit me hard
Jun 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Richsvt

Headphoneus Supremus
Just started to get back to some decent tunes after many years. Stumbled on this site and love the information here.
Working to outfit a portable system and now building a desk top system.
Just wanted to say cheers.

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 4
One other question that I know has been asked too many times, does burn in really help?
If you are going to do this, what do you use? I heard using pink noise really helps but some use a playlist repeating for hours with a variety of genres...what do you think?

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
One other question that I know has been asked too many times, does burn in really help?
If you are going to do this, what do you use? I heard using pink noise really helps but some use a playlist repeating for hours with a variety of genres...what do you think?

Some say yes; some say no.  I say sometimes and it never hurts.

Pink noise is favored by some and others prefer playlist or just playing the cans with music with a reasonably wide frequency response at moderately loud volumes.  This is another issue that won't be resolved on this thread.

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #4 of 4
no doubt. I think it really equates to a break in period for a car. It is said that varied driving through different speeds and conditions will enable the engine to see a wide variety of loads. Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back