Buds that won't crap out in 3 months?
Apr 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Well I'm returning the SE215s. The sound is great but the fit is absolutely terrible. The "flexible" plastic tubing that covers the part of the wire directly connected to the buds are way too thick to be molded in any comfortable way. They jut out like 2 inches from behind my ear, making them not only heavier but I look like an idiot. I guess it's back to the Beats since over the ear cord are obviously not for me...

It's not about plastic tubing thickness, but rather the metal wires lacking a few centimeters to form a full loop around the ears, but this is really a minor thing.
You can carefully remove the metal wires and tubings and the nude cable will be flexible enough to form a nice loop.

It's your choice in the end: crapty sound or a minor defect which can be easily fixed.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 23
I still think you should give the GR07 a try!  Another alternative could possibly be one of the IEMs by the new manufacturer Redgiant, but I don't really know enough about them yet...

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
Well I'm returning the SE215s. The sound is great but the fit is absolutely terrible. The "flexible" plastic tubing that covers the part of the wire directly connected to the buds are way too thick to be molded in any comfortable way. They jut out like 2 inches from behind my ear, making them not only heavier but I look like an idiot. I guess it's back to the Beats since over the ear cord are obviously not for me...

There are other IEM's besides Beats that you can wear down not to mention will also have much better SQ.  Why don't you look at the Atrio M5 MG7 or Yamaha EPH-100 if you want a good pair of dynamic drivers and both can be worn down, thats how I wear mine and they both are very comfortable.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:

There are other IEM's besides Beats that you can wear down not to mention will also have much better SQ.  Why don't you look at the Atrio M5 MG7 or Yamaha EPH-100 if you want a good pair of dynamic drivers and both can be worn down, thats how I wear mine and they both are very comfortable.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about the Atrio!  That would be an excellent choice too.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #21 of 23
"crapping out after 3 months" is pretty subjective, it just depends on how good you treat your equipment. My re-zeros, which are horribly unreliable, have lasted me 6 months.

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I'm talking about thess:

That little hump is where it reaches the back of my ear and it won't bend to make a loop so it just shoots out backward.

I'm saying you can remove (by cutting it open) the plastic tubings and the metal wires inside so you won't have this awful shaping effect which is not strong enough due to the little metal wires stopping before the end of the plastic tubings.
In other words: remove the plastic tubing part which is bothering you (or all of it if you prefer)!

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #23 of 23
In my experience the Shures work better if you use them from the back, so the two wires and the Y junction runs down from behind. Then you don't have to worry about getting the wires to curve around your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back