Budget Review: LG QuadBeat (SE) vs MH1 vs UE200
Jul 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
The sound of MH1C is near perfect. Pity that they don't stay in my ears - damn the cable and the overall ergonomics!

It's such a shame Sony isn't using the MH1 to improve it further. How difficult could a "MH1 Premium" be? Different cables, a set of cheap accessories including their very own Sony hybrid tips and finally a leather pouch. I wouldn't care if it cost 3 times as much.

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #17 of 22
You have an accurate description on the LG Quadbeat. I got mine which comes free with the phone(LG Optimus G Pro). I initially thought it had piercing highs but I found out that it was phone's player fault and switch to Rocket Player which brought all of the IEM's real qualities.

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #18 of 22
I tried today a friends LG QuadBeat and I would agree with a previous post. I can not find absolutely any area that the LG perform better than the MH1.

On the MH1 it does not matter how you set the equalizer. The mids are a bit recessed but the sound as a whole is super crisp with excellent separation and no congested highs, only the bass is a tad on the high side for my liking but I am sure many people would love that. On the contrary it does affect a lot  the LG's (on flat setting they sound like cheap earphones IMHO).

I guess there is nothing even remotely close to the MH1 for their price.

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #19 of 22
You need a deep insertion for the Quadbeat SE to really sing. I was truly shocked with the sound quality at this price once I get the right deep insertion. Truly...for those who's not getting a good sound out of the Quadbeat SE do yourself a favor and insert them deep into your ears and you'll understand what I'm saying. They're hands down better than the MH1 in overall sound quality and far more balanced than the MH1. The MH1 low end is overly emphasized. The only thing that MH1 excel is the soundstage. At this price, the Quadbeat SE is a clear winner...better than my Sony MH1. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #20 of 22
  I also found the highs on the UE200 smooth. And I don't have titanium coated eardrums. I got rid of a Sony MDR-EX50LP bacause of annoying sibilance, the Philips 3580 causes fatigue somewhere in the 3-6kHz region and the Thermaltake Isurus was a real torture device. Even some more normal IEM's like JVC HA-FX35, HA-FX67and UE600 can be a bit fatiguing. The UE200 is not. So, our ear/brain is sensitive to different frequencies or the shape and size of our ear canals causes frequency spikes in slightly different frequencies...

That said, the UE200 is not my favourite because the lack of bass extension. The sound of MH1C is near perfect. Pity that they don't stay in my ears - damn the cable and the overall ergonomics!

I haven't heard the LG's so I didn't vote.

I have no problems using my MH1BL with the included clip which fortunately enough diminishes microphonics at least by half but I will never condider wearing them looped over my ears they were clearly designed to be worn cable down, moreover, the tips are simply brilliant and if pulled slightly outwards they seal inmediatly and stay in their place I wonder if you could not find any of the hybrid tips suitable for your ear canals

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #21 of 22
  I have no problems using my MH1BL with the included clip which fortunately enough diminishes microphonics at least by half but I will never condider wearing them looped over my ears they were clearly designed to be worn cable down, moreover, the tips are simply brilliant and if pulled slightly outwards they seal inmediatly and stay in their place I wonder if you could not find any of the hybrid tips suitable for your ear canals

The tips are good but their suction is not enough to keep the earphones in place. If it would be enough, it would not be pleasant to have so much weight pulling on the earphones (and the ear canals). It would be better to have a lighter cable and have the earphones designed to take support from the outer ear. Now the weight of the cable is enough to pull the earphones down to such an angle that the seal breaks. JVC Marshmallows are a good example of a well designed earphone because their shape helps to keep them in place. Also JVC HA-FX67 and Sony XBA-C10 comes to mind. Actually, every earphone that I have is better designed than the MH1 in this regard.

Of course, our ears are probably different and it can be that your outer ears give better support to the MH1 than my ears.

Foam tips probably would be the best choice to help to keep the phones in place but, according to what I have read on this forum, Comply foams won't fit them.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #22 of 22
Have Quadbeat First Edition (managed to get them for $7). Hi-resolution but sounding laid back. Highs are somewhat cut from above hardly reaching 15KHz. Mids are not truly distinct and midbass lacks force. 3KHz peak makes them a little bit tiring. But still high resolution and no sibilance that's what make them awesome. Also they don't like to be driven too loud. Distortion starts at 60% of phone volume. Can listen to some metal on them but at lower volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back