budget portable headphones
Oct 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ramintop

100+ Head-Fier
hi this is my second time I'm asking for help here
smily_headphones1.gif
I live in dubai and I bought (as in paid money for) a pair of ultrasone hfi-780's and its been 5 month I'm waiting for them (long story). they're finally arriving 3 weeks from now
atsmile.gif
. anyway after a long, painful wait I bought a pair of koss ksc75's because they are very recommended here, they do sound great but one caveat that ruined my enjoyment, bass. maybe its because I owned in-ear headphones in the past but I just couldnt feel anything lower than 50hz probably, there was bass but it wasnt impressive neither in quality nor in quantity. they're broken now and I'm looking for a new pair, what in this price range has great bass too? like deep deep thumping bass, and I dont mean cheap in any way. are the sennheiser px100 what I'm looking for? unfortunately no portapro's here. and I'm not sure of HD212pro's price here but I want to know what you guys think first, I heard they have great bass.

thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 8
I too considered bass to be one of my most important criteria, and also I was on a budget to spend less than $100. All of my research led me to the NuForce NE-7M / NE-6 (only difference is the microphone). Most reviews will say the bass on this model is outstanding, especially for the price.

I plan to post my personal experience with them once they arrive, but they are still in transit.

I am not sure what stores you can access from Dubai, but I got them directly from NuForce via Ebay, and they can also be found via Amazon (also sold direct from NuForce).

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 8
FWIR, the Klipsch S4 series have a sort of mixed sound signature from the Grados and the Ultrasone series (i.e. forward, bright, good bass, decent soundstage).

I just bought a pair myself, so I'll get back to you when they come in the mail.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanKeith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too considered bass to be one of my most important criteria, and also I was on a budget to spend less than $100. All of my research led me to the NuForce NE-7M / NE-6 (only difference is the microphone). Most reviews will say the bass on this model is outstanding, especially for the price.

I plan to post my personal experience with them once they arrive, but they are still in transit.

I am not sure what stores you can access from Dubai, but I got them directly from NuForce via Ebay, and they can also be found via Amazon (also sold direct from NuForce).

no I just want a temporary solution until I get my ultrasones, so I'm buying the best of what's available.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PX100 roll off almost as early as the KSC75's do. If you're looking for shaky-quaky 30-35Hz bass, look elsewhere.

thank you for that because apparently the sennheisers are overpriced here and are out of my budget, the cheapest sennheiser is the cx300 and it costs $50! so the ones I can afford are the v-moda bass freq, another koss ksc75, creative ep630, or some skullcandies. what's the best out of the list guys? oh and is there another koss that has great bass? like the ur-40 for example? there are many koss models here but strangely the portapro is not available. and please I need a reply fast, I cant hold back any longer!
redface.gif
thanks.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramintop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you for that because apparently the sennheisers are overpriced here and are out of my budget, the cheapest sennheiser is the cx300 and it costs $50! so the ones I can afford are the v-moda bass freq, another koss ksc75, creative ep630, or some skullcandies. what's the best out of the list guys? oh and is there another koss that has great bass? like the ur-40 for example? there are many koss models here but strangely the portapro is not available. and please I need a reply fast, I cant hold back any longer!
redface.gif
thanks.

The UR40 uses the same drivers as the KSC75. You'd want the KSC35 (which uses the same drivers as the PortaPros) but I really doubt you will find them.

Believe it or not it might be the skullcandy Titans for you (just because your picking are so slim). I haven't received my sample of the Titans yet, but I know that the Ep630 and Bass Freqs have pretty poor-quality bass. As for the titans: just look at that lower end:

graphCompare.php

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UR40 uses the same drivers as the KSC75. You'd want the KSC35 (which uses the same drivers as the PortaPros) but I really doubt you will find them.

Believe it or not it might be the skullcandy Titans for you (just because your picking are so slim). I haven't received my sample of the Titans yet, but I know that the Ep630 and Bass Freqs have pretty poor-quality bass. As for the titans: just look at that lower end:

graphCompare.php

what's going on in the high-end? is this bad? or is this the "dark" signature? and again I'm not sure if the titans are available because last time I checked there was the FMJ and the horrible sounding smokin bud.

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 8
so I couldnt hold back!
tongue.gif
I bought the v-moda bass freq, they have great bass but everything else is in ksc75's favor, seriously! but I think I'll enjoy that thunderous bass until I get my ultrasones.
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks everyone for the help again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back