budget over ear headphone under $100
Nov 30, 2014 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xkldx

New Head-Fier
hello, so i'm totally new to the headphone world, in fact the only headphones i ever owned were the ones that came with my phone :D
so i starting looking through the 100+ shootout thread here but i'm really getting confused
i'd like to buy an over ear headphone and my budget is about 100cad and preferably under 90 , i mostly listen to electronic music, but sometimes listen to some orchestral and movie OST tracks, i'm mostly going to use it on the road while on the way to the university so isolation is kind of important
can somebody point me in the right direction please :D

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 4
You can get the UE6000 for pretty cheap nowadays. And i cant really think of a better first time headphone in the price range

well i'm sorry if i'd confused you by writing $ then cdn$ xD
i just checked and the UE6000 sells for cdn$133 so it's kind of out of my budget
what do you think about the sennheiser 429 ? they are at cdn$80 on bestbuy

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 4
429 is ok, but kinda boring and doesnt isolate much. And yeah the UE6000 is like $75 in the States, its discontinued so i figured itd be cheap everywhere. Im not familiar with canadian prices, you could try the Audio Technica M40X those isolate well and have good bass and highs for electronic and are detailed and clear enough for orchestra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back