Budget Optical DACs
Jul 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry!
My mistake, my finger was quicker than the computer!
Here it is:
Hi-Fidelity on the move - DAC Companion for our Beloved H120/H140 - MisticRiver :: For iriver Enthusiasts

Thanks, that was an interesting read
smily_headphones1.gif
. Too bad the OP there never gave the HifiDiy dac a chance since he wanted portability.

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtoreality15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extremely happy with my Musiland SVDAC06 so far
smily_headphones1.gif
Only at 30 hours burn-in.

$120 on eBay.

Oh I tried SVDAC06 before and I think my X-Fi surrounder 5.1 is better than it.....
SVDAC06 is wasting your money....

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #20 of 24
Jul 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by CapQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I tried SVDAC06 before and I think my X-Fi surrounder 5.1 is better than it.....
SVDAC06 is wasting your money....

I have tried the X-Fi surround 5.1 and did not like the sound much and returned it. I have since bought a Pro-ject USB Box. its so much better than the x-Fi.

Jul 13, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have tried the X-Fi surround 5.1 and did not like the sound much and returned it. I have since bought a Pro-ject USB Box. its so much better than the x-Fi.

I wish the Pro-ject had an optical in as well. The Zero DAC/Amp seems to be my top pick right now. The Muse Audio DAC/Amp looks very good as well, is about $40 cheaper, and has a much smaller form factor. Both have usb/optical/spdif in and RCA out, as well as a headphone jack. Also, I believe the Zero DAC can be used as a pre-amp, thus bypassing the internal amp. Not sure if this applied only to the rear panel outputs or to the headphone jack on the front as well. Wondering if the Muse can do this too?

Jul 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm yeah I sold the X Fi surround 5.1 as well. Both of the surround 5.1 and SVDAC06 doesnt provice a quality sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back