Budget mini-interconnects
Apr 9, 2007 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Raphael

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Folks,

I am seriously considering getting the iMod done, and I am guaranteed to jump on it as soon as I sell off my ipod mini and get myself a 4th gen. Now, I've never been a big believer in cables, but I think I am going to take the leap. Now I am looking for something very budget as the iMod will considerably reduce the weight of my wallet. What would you say is the best budget mini interconnect?

While I do understand that this question is relative to each listener, I am curious to hear opinions as I do not know where to start. I found some stuff on eBay by a seller named 'bassel-e' who seems to be making quite some business, but I have no experience nor hearsay on his credibility. But that is one of my options.

In case this information helps. I am going to use the iModded iPod with my Go-Vibe 5 headphone amp and Etymotic ER-4S.

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 14
Also Highflyin is another head-fier that makes very nice cables. I really like my mini to mini and highly recommend him.
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #5 of 14
I know I'm a newbie here, but I want to make my own cables. Anyone got any helpful links for some quality wire (by the foot!?) here in the states? It would be much appreciated!

Apr 10, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 14
much appreciated PFK

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 14
I do want to hear some feedback on behalf of two people who contacted me. If anybody has anything to say on behalf of soloz2 or joefosho315, I would like to hear commentary on their work. I already found a thread on soloz2 which gives me some assurance that he builds some fine equipment. I'm sure a few people including joe makes some decent cables, but before I decide, I would like to hear some feedback. Besides, I've got 3 weeks before I place the order, as I am not going to be purchasing the iMod before then.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #11 of 14
Gosh, I have read so much about the ALO reviews. I am really, really being tempted, but I just can't find it reasonable to lay down that much money. I believe Turbo makes good cables, but after reading kwkarth's direct comparison, I really don't know what to say. Is there really any cheaper substitute to ALO? I don't mean to step on any sacred grounds here by looking for alternatives. But considering all I read about Turbo's Docks, I figured his cables would be just as good as the hype over his docks (which it most likely is. But the ALO is a whole different class right?).This was until I heard about the iMod and abandoned the idea of a line-out. Now, you may say, why slam down that much for the iMod and not pay a hundred for a cable? Well, because my Go-Vibe 5 isn't even as expensive as that. But I am seriously considering an upgrade to a V6.

Keep in mind, I am a university student and I am trying my best to restrict my budget. I have already decided on the iMod, I own the Ety ER-4S and a Go-Vibe5 (purchased when the price was near double). And I have just purchased a Panny SA-XR55 receiver recently, and I am going to be getting speakers from AV123. Considering that I am living on loans, I am trying very hard to cut down on my expenses, and this is already a great deal for a hobby, let alone my craft beer drinking. Oyy. Solutions to my crazy rantings? My Sik Ram Din (courtesy of a very helpful head-fier. Don't know if he would appreciate me publicizing his identity) broke down over 2 weeks ago, and not being able to use my amp is bugging me
frown.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #13 of 14
Contact [AK]Zip. I have one of his mini-mini and LOVE it. Depending on length they run for about $45+shipping i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back