Budget-ish Sound Card
Apr 19, 2007 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Aar0n

100+ Head-Fier
My Gigabyte DS3 is supposed to have decent onboard sound, but listening through my V-Moda Vibes, it sounds downright muddy. Now, I'm in the market for an upgrade. My ideal price range is $50-$100. I assume most suggestions will be internal cards, but I have no problem externals and amp combos, so feel free to post those too. Actually, an sound card/amp combo would be perfect, and I'd be willing to extend my price range for one.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 8
sound card for vibes? hmmmm. get an x-fi for cheap and an extension cord for the vibes
wink.gif
cheap sound card that works and can also be used for gaming!

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 8
Amazon has the external USB Philips Aurilium PSC805 for around $55.

and i just check justdeals.com -> $55.95

best bang for buck external soundcard (USB) for music IMHO.

other USB options would include the Creative E-MU series. not sure about the prices though.

internal and cheap? Chaintech AV-710. but i remember reading somewhere that it needs an amp or sumthin like that...not too sure.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 8
This sound card would wind up being used with my soon-to-be-purchases ATH-A900s, actually. I'll look into those USB cards, but I heard that the Chaintech has some crackling problems. Is this true? I was also considering the X-Fi XtremeMusic, but I'm not sure if that would be worth it.

Apr 20, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #8 of 8
To be honest, USB was just a thought, not a necessity. I'll take anything that has good bang-for-the buck, and if it reduced or removed the necessity for an amp, that would be even better. This card would be used for gaming and music, mostly heavy metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back