Budget IEM's with remote/mic to CANADA
May 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

terion

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, could you show me the cheapest budget IEM's with remotes / mics and where to buy them? They MUST ship to Canada, I cannot tell you how many times I thought I've stumbled upon an amazing deal only to have $40 placed on the item for shipping :frowning2:

I've been looking at the JVC HA FR201, Brainwavz M4, and id America Sparks, but I can't afford any of them with the added shipping cost.

I'm looking for a price of $20-35, really tight on cash at the moment :frowning2:

May 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 7
Cheap as possible? I'm sure you can get something shipped for free from China with a remote and mic in it for about $5... it will sound terrible though. Is there a certain level of sound quality you're looking for?

May 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 7
If it were my money I'd track down a pair of SoundMAGIC E10, reviews are pretty decent and good value for money, FocalPrice.com is sold out but check back periodically, or try off amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Isolating-In-Ear-Earphones-Gunmetal/dp/B005HP3OB0
or here
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/100486/200582805-540461189/Free-Shipping-100-Original-SoundMAGIC-E10-in-ear-MP3-MP4-earphone-earplug.html

I've been happy with my SoundMAGIC PL30 and the E10 are a step above in most regards from what I can tell

May 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Cheap as possible? I'm sure you can get something shipped for free from China with a remote and mic in it for about $5... it will sound terrible though. Is there a certain level of sound quality you're looking for?

Oh yes sorry, I'm looking for sound quality that's around what the Soundmagic E10 offers, or a little bit lower.

As for the other poster, amazon.com usually charges huge amounts of $ for shipping to Canada, if they do shipping to Canada at all. I've already looked into the Soundmagic E10 with mic, it's ridiculously expensive to ship it to Canada.

May 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 7
I've been hoping to get some soundmagic e10 myself based on reviews but shipping from the US puts them in another price category, undermines the goal of grabbing good "budget" headphones, might as well shell out more for higher class gear.  Another option is to buy from HongKong sellers, price is fair and shipping usually free, but then you can be waiting a month or two, expedited shipping is the same situation as getting stuff from the US.

We really get worked over here in canada in terms of prices and selection with many consumer goods, I don't feel as bad when I'm getting high end gear and pay slightly more but when shopping on a budget it drives me mad.  I was going to pick up some MEElectronics M6 because at least the price is closer to what it should be but the only 2 sources here that carry them are out of stock.. so now I'm headphoneless with no idea what to do, maybe just bite the bullet and go with another pair of nuforce ne-700x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back