budget IEM or headphones that dampen outside noise or mod something i currently own?
Oct 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BoomPlatinum

New Head-Fier
i need a budget pair of headphones or IEMs that will block a good amount of music being played in a car at volumes from 80%-100%. right now i have a pair of clip on headphones (use for work) a pair of old phillips earbuds (buds like ipod buds but actually have some decent sound) and superlux hd668b headphones that i can mod to help reduce outside sound though i would rather leave the superlux alone. i also have a pair of sony xb600 but the ear pad in one of the cups have come completely apart and fell out and the other side is soon to follow. i would like to make use of the sonys but i dont really know what i could do to fix them. i was thinking of buying a pair of sound dampening work earmuffs and glueing the pads to the sonys but they would be more oval shaped and the sonys are circle. i could take some pictures of the headphones if anyone is interested in helping me figure something out.

to those that dont mind knowing my situation, i work really early in the morning and get home really late with an hour or two to spend eating dinner and doing what ever else before having to sleep. we car pool to job sites and rides to and back usually total for about 3-4 hours average if traffic is not bad. the guys i work with really have no respect for others but i put up with them because i really need the money right now and the work is easy. these guys love to blast their music and when i ask them to turn it down sometimes they will drop it from 100%-90% to 80% and other times they will just ignore me. they have told me straight out that if i dont like it i can quit and im easily replaceable though i doubt they can find someone as reliable and willing to put up with them. so for now i really could use something to help me out in this situation the only problem is i have a very small budget, maybe 20$-40$ and its likely to stay the same for awhile. if you have any budget recommendations id love to hear what you have to say. i already know i wont be able to block all of the sound but if i could dampen the outside sound greatly so i can watch videos or relax with my eyes while listening to my music i would be so so so happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back