Budget IE8 IEMs
Jan 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ignorant

100+ Head-Fier
It's been a while since I've last logged in but the time has come  to send my ie8s in for a repair and since i've lost my pair of PFEs (there were brand new too T_T) I have nothing to listen with when I do send them in. I haven't been keeping up with any of the new headphones that have been released for half a year now and was wondering if any budget IEMs with a lot of value have shown up. I was also hoping to snag a good pair of eartips along with the IEM. I bought the Hippo VB for a friend, decided to burn it in for him, and in the process I tried the medium silicone tips on my IE8 and was extrememly pleased. They fit well on the nozzle and in my ear. They also reduce the bass a bit, it's now more tight and refined, and in the process brings out the vocals and treble a bit, considerably balancing the IEM. It's like a mix between the single flange silicone, where it had an overly warm signature with overpowering bass and the double flange which had almost no impact and punchiness but the treble and vocals were quite transparent. So yeah, main point is if there are any quality tips that come with a pair of IEMs that are around $30 that would be a huge plus. Sadly I can't find the Hippo VB tips without buying another pair. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back