Budget headphones. Need help narrowing down.
Feb 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gensou

100+ Head-Fier
I seldom play FPS, and when I do it's either Battlefield or TF2.
I do enjoy a third person shooter, APB (it relies heavily on sound)
I opened up foobar and noticed that most of the music is pretty bassy but my mood decided my music choice so it varies from time to time.
I'm a big movie freak so I watch a lot of movies.

If you know a headphone that fits my needs then I would love to know about it. I would prefer it be under $100. I used to own a pair of Denon AH-D2000 but I sold them after 3-5 months of usage because I could not justify the price I paid for them and I did not really have anything to drive them.

Right now I am looking at:
Panasonic RP-HTF600S $34
Superlux HD668B $55.44
Samson SR850 $55
JVC HARX700 $36.62

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 7
Add the Creative Aurvana Live! to your list.  More expensive than those already listed, but it fluctuates in price quite a bit and its not hard to catch on sale.  Last week it was $55 at Amazon. 

The CAL's use the same drivers that were in the Denon AHD1001.

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I seldom play FPS, and when I do it's either Battlefield or TF2.
I do enjoy a third person shooter, APB (it relies heavily on sound)
I opened up foobar and noticed that most of the music is pretty bassy but my mood decided my music choice so it varies from time to time.
I'm a big movie freak so I watch a lot of movies.

If you know a headphone that fits my needs then I would love to know about it. I would prefer it be under $100. I used to own a pair of Denon AH-D2000 but I sold them after 3-5 months of usage because I could not justify the price I paid for them and I did not really have anything to drive them.

Right now I am looking at:
Panasonic RP-HTF600S $34
Superlux HD668B $55.44
Samson SR850 $55
JVC HARX700 $36.62

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

The HTF600 is fantastic. See review in my sig.
The SR850 is another good one if you want something semi-open and a bright. Again, review in my sig.

Overall, I'd go for that Panasonic. It's just a fun smooth headphone. Get the velor pads for increased comfort.

Very best,

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
The HTF600 is fantastic. See review in my sig.
The SR850 is another good one if you want something semi-open and a bright. Again, review in my sig.
Overall, I'd go for that Panasonic. It's just a fun smooth headphone. Get the velor pads for increased comfort.
Very best,

+1 What he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back