Budget Headphones - Help please!
Dec 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Syer

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have £25 MAX to spend on a pair of headphones, I am replacing my Sennheiser HD201's.

So far I have narrowed it down to these 3;

Koss Porta Pro
Koss KSC75 (not sure about clip-ons)
Monoprice 8323

The ONLY thing I care about is sound quality. Mainly listening to Liquid funk / Liquid Drum and Bass.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thank you

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Might be able to find some JVC HA-S400, might be with in your budget.

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Thank you for the replies, I did think the Porta Pro's were the best for my budget but I wanted some assurance.

The JVC HAS400B are within my price range though.

Are these better than the Porta Pro's?

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 7
If you are unsure about clip-ons, you can put the KSC75 drivers onto this headband:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundLab-Lightweight-Orange-School-Headphones/dp/B0002DEJMU/ref=pd_sim_ce_6
There are quite a few threads discussing the headband mod.

I have the JVC S400 and used to own the Porta Pro years ago, I wouldn't say that one is necessarily better than the other, the S400 is more balanced whereas the Porta Pro has a more bassy sound, I would say go for the sound signature which suits you better.

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 7
  Thank you for the replies, I did think the Porta Pro's were the best for my budget but I wanted some assurance.

The JVC HAS400B are within my price range though.

Are these better than the Porta Pro's?

The HAS400 sounds so much better than the Portapro.  The HAS400 has so much more detail. The Portapro is treble deficient and has poor control of the bass. I gave away my Portapro but am keeping my HAS400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back