Budget Headphones for Rock Music - $100
Sep 29, 2009 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Nickkelbackk

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a set of headphones that are good with rock music, metal, classical rock(not a lot), and maybe some alternative. I have been thinking about the Grado sr80is or the Sennheiser hd555s. I listen to my music at high volumes as a way to keep me up at night. So, the louder, the better (reasonable levels). I would appreciate any comments showing how these headphones compare against each other when used with rock music.

PS: They will also be used to watch movies and play my Xbox.

Thanks,
Trevor

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 31
The Grados are a good bet, and are very well known to be great with rock. I'd also throw in the Shure SRH440 for consideration.

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 31
I would definitely recommend the SR-80 i think it is a great headphone especially for rock.

Also sorry to be the old person but i would definitely recommend not listening to music at super loud volumes.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickkelbackk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to my music at high volumes as a way to keep me up at night.

I use music to help me fall asleep at night. I like to sleep. Sleep is good.
happy_face1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #12 of 31
SR60 was disappointing to me. Too harsh. Lacked bass. Leaked way too much noise. Etc.

I picked up the JVC HA-RX700s for $35 and never touched the SR60s after. Then I did mods to them...and they sounded even better than before. SR60s were a waste of money, IMO.

My advice...same your money. The JVCs are probably some of the best headphones under $100, IMO. I have yet to hear the MS1s, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back