Budget Headphones £100
Mar 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by poundsign /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 777 have the most bass of pretty much any headphone. AD700 are on the low end for bass.

If you are looking for bargain Grados SR60s are the way to go. They just Rock!

I heard they're great for rock. But I don't ever listen to any rock at all, I only listen to stuff like Trance (e.g. Simon Patterson, Tiesto, ASOT) and Old School rap (N.W.A., Ice Cube) and similar music to both. For Trance I wouldn't need mega bass but I would need a pretty decent amount of it. Would Grados be good for trance/techno/DnB?

BTW What's the difference between Grado SR60/SR80 and Alessandro MS1?
And once I get enough money I'll probably get 2nd HP's from here so I can getter the best possible deal for cheapest price.

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 29
From what I've read the Alessandro MS-1 are supposed to be more neutral than Grado SR60/80 and therefore suit a wider range of genres. I got my MS-1 not too long ago, and while I think they're pretty settled by now I have only compared them when to SR60s when the MS-1 just arrived.
In my opinion, I found the SR60s to be very good for rock, but not very good with other genres. In contrast, I found the MS-1s have better punch, more bass (just the right amount for me), and more midrange as well. I think they play almost all my music very enjoyably! I will compare them to the SR60s next weekend, just for fun.

Edit: only techno music I have on my iPod is an album called Under the Kilt by Dr. Macdoo
smily_headphones1.gif
very silly music, but damn, the punch!

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #19 of 29
I never actually thought about getting Alessandros as they're not usually mentioned for Trance/Techno. Are they comfy? It's quite a major issue.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #21 of 29
Hmm, I'm leaning towards the Grados/Alessandro now ;D And only becuase of the poll.
Could anyone listen to this song on either their SR60,SR80,SR125 or Alessandro MS1 and rate the quality and beautifulness of that song from 1 to 10. YouTube - Simon Patterson - Us (Original Mix)

Edit: Would SR60 be a different/big upgrade to Senn 215's? You can get them as cheap as $50 which is amazing O.o And is there any significant difference between SR80's and SR125's? Something that a newbie like me would notice or really need?

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #22 of 29
Any other opinions?

And yes I know it's DP but unless I bump it, it will die ;[

Very keen on Grado SR60 or SR80 (SR80 if I get a deal from one member for a great price or SR60 locally for cheaper than RRP)

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #23 of 29
Well im currently banging out some Trance on my AD700's and loving it. Been slammin them out for the last 3 hours including a good bit of Tiesto. Running them via an E5 which helps with the bass. People say not so good would trance, however, i dont think some people understand all the highs and vocals you get. The AD700's soundstage allow the sounds to bounce around your head
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #24 of 29
I say the DT990, probably technically the best in the group.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #25 of 29
Hopefully I'm getting a pair of SR80's second hand from a very helpful guy + it's mogami recabled. But feel free to vote anyway because nothing happens the way you want it.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #26 of 29
go with the DT 770 pro's if you like trance music a lot. The Bass is amazing. I originally had the ad700's but they just didnt have enough bass for me. If you like bass, these are the ones to grab.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by quaN' /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other opinions?
Would E3 or E5 power 240 Ohm DT770's? Not so they sound any better but just so I can run them on my computer until I get a decent amp.
Because I'm worried about 240 Omh being to power-hungry and not powering my "no-amp" setup properly.

none of them will cut it. You will hear some sound through the PC, because PCs, iPods, etc. have amps, its just no as powerful, the E5 will be a waste of money. you might as well buy a Corda 3move temporarily... or a headsix...

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #28 of 29
Id narrow it between the MS-1 (on par with the SR125 but more neutral and better balanced), AD700 or DT990 (DT990 only if your getting an amp). The DT990 are technically the best headphone on the list.
The HD280 are probably the worst headphone on the list from what Ive read and there is no point going for the Grado SR60 or SR80 if your considering the MS-1. Same with the DT770 if your willing to get the DT990 as the 990 is better balanced (though still bassy) and has a better soundstage.

Mar 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #29 of 29
If you are considering 990 '05's then they will be your best bet on that list for Trance and Electronic music. I use my pair and they are great for every genre i throw at them.

Go now and buy
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back