Budget earphones (£50/$75 max) for budget setup
Sep 21, 2015 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Wailing Fungus

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Due to an unfortunate incident at Schiphol airport last week, I am without my beloved DX50 / SD3 setup. I have decided to get a budget setup until the insurance claim is sorted and I can decide what to replace them with (and can then use the budget setup for future travel)

I've just picked up a Fiio X1 for under £50, so now looking for some decent budget earphones to pair with it, for no more than £50 as well.

I am currently looking at the Vsonic VSD3-S or Havi B3 Pro, but would be grateful for any thoughts on these or other recommendations within my budget.

Thanks

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 14
I literally just got done checking out the RHA-600's a few days ago.. Very good low end, and detailed highs. Mids were there, but usually had to be EQ'd up a slight notch. I listen to everything from Djent, Rap, Symphonic, to Classics (40's-60's)
They handled everything I threw at them with ease.. The complaint most people have about them is they are bass heavy.. I thought they were just right, because once you turn the Mids up, that bass sits perfectly in the shadows letting you know there is about to be a "Surprise" waiting for you to round the corner with the bass drops. Lol..
The V-Sonics, Grados, and JVC's, even Sony all have great opti no at that Sub $100 range.. I just think that the 3-yr warranty, and solid build quality notches the MA-600's up just a small step above the rest at that price range... Even if it is only infinitesimally better.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #3 of 14
I literally just got done checking out the RHA-600's a few days ago.. Very good low end, and detailed highs. Mids were there, but usually had to be EQ'd up a slight notch. I listen to everything from Djent, Rap, Symphonic, to Classics (40's-60's)
They handled everything I threw at them with ease.. The complaint most people have about them is they are bass heavy.. I thought they were just right, because once you turn the Mids up, that bass sits perfectly in the shadows letting you know there is about to be a "Surprise" waiting for you to round the corner with the bass drops. Lol..
The V-Sonics, Grados, and JVC's, even Sony all have great opti no at that Sub $100 range.. I just think that the 3-yr warranty, and solid build quality notches the MA-600's up just a small step above the rest at that price range... Even if it is only infinitesimally better.

Thanks,

Will take a look at those.

Sep 22, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #9 of 14
  Hey, You should look into the Noble Audio Savant.

Thanks, but just slightly out of my budget this time round
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back