Budget ear phones to suit my needs
Nov 16, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have my doubts to the 210 unless they play REALLY well with the fiio. I tried some (friend works at best buy hehehe) and found them a step down from my ER 6i's in clarity etc but I did like their bass for a few songs.

I'd think the C751's would be MUCH better if you stretch your budget a little bit ($100, so about 65 pounds)

reason i said the 210's is at the time of posting i had a pair in my ears with the FiiO connected, it really sharpens them up, they still not exactly thumping on the bass front but def an improvement btw if u looking for the denons be aware the 700 is basically the same as the 751 just without all the accessories and cheapest place in uk i know of for them is here
Denon Headphones | Denon SALE Now On!

oh almost forgot, i have a pair of c751 on their way to me so if u wait a few days can do a direct comparison if you want

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #18 of 20
So we seem to be in agreement that the Denon C551's would suit me best. Thanks very much for your input guys, much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #19 of 20
I've just checked out the price of the 700's and 751's. The 751's are "alot" more money than the 551's but the 700's are only a few more quid. Maybe I'd be better off going for the 700's and leaving out the amp?

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #20 of 20
Ok guys, just to let you know. After searching and some good help from the forum members I'm now looking at a either a Sansa Clip (because of the price) or a Walkman E346 (because of the massively superior battery life) along with a pair of Denon C700's and no amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back