Budget ear buds with Sony MDR-XB500 sound
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

silveradoz71

New Head-Fier
Title says it all. I work in a noisy warehouse environment and want some cheaper ear buds to listen to. I have a pair of Sony MDR-XB500 headphones that I have fallen in love with and have grown accustomed to their sound. I don't necessarily need all the bass, but some emphasis would be nice. I'm not needing audiophile quality by any means, just so long as they don't sound like the gas station ones I'm using temporarily.

Any buds with a similar sound come to mind? Under $50? Under $30?

Thanks for any input.

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 2
For $13 you can get the JVC HA-FX101 on Amazon. It has extreme bass, too much for me most of time as I am not a basshead. Bassheads on a budget love its sound. Its sound quality is okay overall except for its exagggerated bass, although it is lacking in  detail.   The JVC HA-FX40 for $15 has much more detail and also has strong bass, but its bass isn't exaggerated. The HA-FX40 also has plenty of treble though, a bit more than I like.

I just compared the HA-FX101 to the HA-FX40. With the music off the HA-FX40 does block much more noise, although the seal you get with these will differ from what I get. I guess you should get the JVC HA-FX40. For $15 it is very hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back