Budget DJ headphones
Jun 11, 2017 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kazakore

100+ Head-Fier
As my Sennheiser HD25 have died on me (I will repair when I have a bit more money) and over the years I've had far too many pairs of them stolen from letting other DJs use them at parties it's time to get another cheap pair of DJ headphones for use now and then to be the general rig 'phones.

What to me makes a good set of DJ headphones? (in rough order of importance)
Close-backed with good isolation.
High efficiency and overall output level.
Decent, both deep and fast, bass response.
Durability.
Overall comfort, both long term and happy to sit on head on just one ear.
Decent, snappy upper-mid for snare
Swivel ability of at least one ear piece.

Previously the best budget pair I've owned are the AKG K81DJ (and they are still available from Thomann.)

Was looking at the Takstar TS-610, but they are shipped from China on Amazon so quite a wait.

Then a colleague started talking about Superlux and I've got lost in the plethora of affordable options they have, although not found any that conform to the swivel earpiece requirement it is bottom of my list. (Again many option at Thomann I was looking at.)

So what would you wonderfully knowledgeable borg mind suggest?

I'm based in the UK, so a UK supplier would be best, but Thomann I have used plenty of times in the past and would be willing to again....

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 4
I think you should check out the Takstar Pro 82--it meets a number of your requirements. Has great bass and mids. It's available on amazon UK for less than 70 GBP. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It could work.

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 4
I say forget the Superlux HD562. I bought them and they clamp so tightly they are unusable. It's like having your head in a vise grip.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I think you should check out the Takstar Pro 82--it meets a number of your requirements. Has great bass and mids. It's available on amazon UK for less than 70 GBP. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It could work.

I did have a look at that one when looking at the Takstar products, I didn't think it had the swivel earpad of the 610 and I believe the same sensitivity and power handling on their website so shouldn't be any louder in noisy environments. The 600/610 seemed a lot harder to find reviews on though... But all that did make me suspect the 82 may not be worth around double the price, especially when using as rig phones on a free party rig where they're quite likely to go missing every 6 months or so. Well assuming they are hardy enough to endure the battering they take in that environment!

Was hoping to stay under £50, 30-40 would be even better, but I'm not saying I can't be persuaded to go a little higher if convinced the product is that much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back