Budget DAP Recommendations
Oct 18, 2023 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Carrow

500+ Head-Fier
So my priorities have shifted and I just want a good DAP with Bluetooth, streaming, SD card support and maybe balanced output too. My budget is €100 though maybe I can stretch to €150. Non-Android goes without saying on devices in that range. Something I can whack an SD card in and just be happy with, using an Audioquest DFR or similar. Any budget bargains/classified listings around, let me know. Thanks :)

Oct 20, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 15
So my priorities have shifted and I just want a good DAP with Bluetooth, streaming, SD card support and maybe balanced output too. My budget is €100 though maybe I can stretch to €150. Non-Android goes without saying on devices in that range. Something I can whack an SD card in and just be happy with, using an Audioquest DFR or similar. Any budget bargains/classified listings around, let me know. Thanks :)
Depending on streaming service you use, then the HiBy R3 ii might work. You can have any streaming service you want as long as it’s Tidal or Qobuz.

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 15
HiBy R3 II should be the one.

Oct 20, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #10 of 15
Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #13 of 15
@pbui44 This is a proprietary connection so how would I get this working with a DFR/USB-C DragonTail combo?

So for the Sony NW-ZX300, the USB cable is found here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NWZ-A828K-NWZ-S738F-NWZ-S739F-NWZ-X1050-NWZ-X1060/dp/B00OW62UAQ/

To connect this cable to your DFR, you would need a coupler, like this one (maybe only USB 2.0 as well, like this one):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/rhinocables-Transfer-External-Cooling-Android/dp/B084Q4QBSR/

I am not 100% sure that this will all work together, but this is definitely the idea. :)

Oct 23, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #15 of 15
Have a HiBy R3 and it works fine with the DFR. It also does AirPlay for a Apple device so you can stream that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back