"Budget" DAC with Volume Control?
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #16 of 17

Scroll down this page and then click "FAQ"

I used the keywords "DAC Preamp" on Head-Fi's search box at the top of the page and came up with a few; Google also had some but that included some set-ups with a DAC separate from the preamp.
http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?search=DAC+preamp

If anything what makes it look less professional - aside from not hiring a web designer who doesn't have the aesthetic taste with Communist sensitivities, minus Party propaganda so no red and gold pomp with Mao's face - is that they don't integrate the shipping calculator, thus you have to ask for a quote and then they check then they send you a PayPal bill. 

If there's anything that's really a problem though it would be that shipping it back can be expensive, and if there isn't anything wrong with it, you pay for the return shipping to you again. Used units retain their prices a bit since they're known to be working, extensively tested by the previous owner, although it's not like there have been an alarming number of cases where a lot of units left the factory malfunctioning. Then again, if you had to order from Schiit and you're not from the 48 states, it's also a little bit more expensive, and same billing applies if they find nothing wrong with it (unless it's within the trial period, in which case you can opt to get reimbursed minus the 15% repacking fee).

Did you try it or read a review saying it doesn't? Because you can use it as a full digital preamp, or alternately as a simple digital source hub, so those who want to euphonically boombasticate the sound with their tube preamp can still do so.

Damn you're thorough.  Thanks for all the research and corrections.

Yeah, actually, unless I need two analogue inputs feeding into one preamp, I'd much rather blow $300+ on the Modi2 Uber + Vali 2 Uber than $100 on the Sys. Of course, if I had one CDP or the Modi2 plus a TT, then I'd likely get the Sys since one is analogue.

I have no clue What you just said.
wink.gif

In any case, that's a great price for the DC-1 provided it's in 9/10 condition. And the remote hasn't been misplaced 
biggrin.gif

Yup, supposed to be brand new, box sealed.  Thanks!  I've been staring at my $4k worth of speakers that are sitting silent and sad next to the TV.  Can't wait 'till it arrives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back