Budget Dac/amp discussion fiio e10k,nuforce udac 3, centrance dacport slim
Aug 29, 2015 at 7:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Riisalat

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a compartive discussion of the ones mentioned and any other missing gem. My priorities are on a gears that scale. So a dac out is essential, which one of these has the best sound ? Which of these have a good dac ? I already own the e10k and getting a schiit vali. Should i get the centrance dacport slim ?

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 7
I have not heard the Vali, but I see no reason it wouldn't work as well as the other options you are considering. What exactly about it is not "great with every headphone?" Or are you finding that some people prefer it with some headphones over others. If so, that is more of a personal preference thing.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 7
I have not heard the Vali, but I see no reason it wouldn't work as well as the other options you are considering. What exactly about it is not "great with every headphone?" Or are you finding that some people prefer it with some headphones over others. If so, that is more of a personal preference thing.

Its a hybrid tube amp with a high noise floor and no gain settings.
It would be really noisy with sensitive IEMs and low impedance cans wouldn't benefit from it.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 7
Yes. Definitely not a good choice for low impedance, high sensitivity IEMs. Sorry. I don't usually think of using IEMs with my desktop amp. I use my full sized headphones for that.

But it would work well with many full sized cans that are low impedance. That is one of the benefits of a hybrid solid state/tube amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back