Budget closed headphones...need help.
Jun 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tan1415

100+ Head-Fier
Simply put my wallet and myself can't resist the best bang for the buck headphones in these forums. Love to read all the posts and now i am prepared to give one a try. I normally use IEMs. My normal go to IEM is the Qjays. But when I want something different i like to use the wooduo and M2.(more bass)

I tried out the Sony MDR1R and the Sennheiser. Neither created a eureka moment for me.Also not sure how usable a full headphone will be with my style.So i was doubting if I really want to spend so much money like on a vmoda M80. And the next best thing. CALS priced themselves out of my budget when the special offer ended on the day I wanted to place my order.

So i am looking at the a budget phone. Only thng is...cant decide which to buy. Many highly recommended headphones and even when limiting myself to 75$. Quite a lot of choices. My previous favourite the CALs priced them self out of my budget,

I simplified my choice to a closed version just in case i want to take it for a walk about. Must work with most music.from country to rnb and dance.So vocals with good bass is a must.

Will use with Nano 2g, 4G , 3gs and probably Sansa clip +.

So far the ones I am interested in:

Jaycars pro.(clones of HM5/FA003) at 50$. Seems like a great choice. Downside seems to be quite big...maybe to big to walk outside. Also unsure if it has the bass. But when people consider the HM5 and FA003 as bang for the buck champs ..the jaycars are simply no brainers.Seems people are not so enthusiatic about these anymore.

JVC to my surprise has a great follwoing with regard to top budget phones and easily available in europe.

JVC HA S 500: 55$ via ebay from japan. Or 60$ in europe. Greeat bass even if its not a basshead headphone.Its on ear. Seems a good alternative to a M80.
JVC HA S400: Its little brother. great reviews. 30$. less bass but better allround sound, Intriguing pricepoint. Cheapest on my list.
People are so high on these..i am interested. Beng on ears and smaller...seems better portability.

Last batch are the so called chinese brands. I am a strong believer that these are great bang for the buck contenders. Selling straight from china.

Somic EFi 82 MT 50$.read the review here. What stood out was..."strong bass presence but only boomy when it must. So your adele  cd wont sound boomy". Something my wooduo couldnt handle. In reviews mention a denon(Cal?) sound.

Noontec Zoro at 60$. Quite good reviews. Pretty fancy beats audio design.Compared favorably to teh CAL. But downside are comfort issues being on ears.

So hope and would appreciate your input and help. Just cant make the decision

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 8
Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000), closed headphone.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 8
The JVC HA-S500 are great portable headphones.
You can also get different ear pads for them off eBay, usually for around $15 a pair.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for your input guys. All headphones are my choices, and In the end I chose the Jaycars. after reading the different threads I couldnt resist the Jaycars. 
I am extremely susceptible too bang ofr the buck and not knowing the others...chooing blind jaycars/FM5/FA003.

Jun 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
USe the us or uk website depending on your location. Somehow the original website much more expensive.

D'oh! Sorry
redface.gif
and thanks!
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back