Budget CD player
May 5, 2011 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dethredic

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a cheap CD player that I can connect to an integrated amp (via RCA). This will be used only occasionally when my GF wants to listen to one of her old CDs, so the best quality isn't the most important, but I don't want a piece of junk either.

The integrated AMP will probably be a Cambridge Audio A500 and it has a remote that has CD controls. I figure it has to be a Cambridge Audio CD player, but I am not sure if ANY one would work or only a few models.

Being able to use the remote is just a nice bonus, and not necessary.

May 5, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Does she have an iPod/Touch? If she does, maybe the Pure i20 would be a better choice. It takes the digital signal out of the iDevice and decodes it using a better quality DAC chip, simialr to what you'd find in a typical CDPlayer, and can also send out a digital signal.

May 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Does she have an iPod/Touch? If she does, maybe the Pure i20 would be a better choice. It takes the digital signal out of the iDevice and decodes it using a better quality DAC chip, simialr to what you'd find in a typical CDPlayer, and can also send out a digital signal.

She does but it is half broken and I don't see her spending the time to rip 100+ CDs

May 10, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #5 of 6
You could try using a DVD player I would call it literally a budget CD Player.

The only other cheap CD players with the RCA audio inputs is multi disc changers that are questionable in build quality/lifespan.
And a TEAC cd player which has a lot of bad reviews on working right.

Onkyo just released a single disc CD player for $199
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/757607-REG/Onkyo_C_7030_C_7030_CD_Player.html

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-C-7030-Compact-Player-Black/dp/B004UR487A/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1305040371&sr=1-13

But no reviews yet.

After that for single disc is NAD $299,Cambridge Audio and Marantz at $349.
Which really aren't budget CD players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back