budget balanced armature IEM's
Sep 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

labcoat

100+ Head-Fier
So I am thinking about trying a pair of  balanced armature IEM.

So far I have Mee M9 and M6 and some MonoPrice 8320.
My sources are a Sanas clip+, my samsung G Nexus and a newly found CD Walkman.( I can't believe how good it sounds)
Amps Fiio E 11 and E6.

I was looking as a pretty low budget of around $50 or less if passable.

So is there anything worth trying?

thanks

Ry-

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 10
+2 for Meelec A151, i got those for around $30 around November Last year from Amazon.
wink_face.gif

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 10
The Apple IEMs are pretty good sounding dual BA IEMs are recommended.

Sep 23, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Probably this if you're looking sub $50. I really like the sound, but it's hard to wear over the ear for me, and the tips made it so that the entire things seemed to slip out too much. Nice, lean, bass-lite sound, boasting good clarity and speed throughout. They're also really easy to find in most retail stores.

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Quote:
Probably this if you're looking sub $50. I really like the sound, but it's hard to wear over the ear for me, and the tips made it so that the entire things seemed to slip out too much. Nice, lean, bass-lite sound, boasting good clarity and speed throughout. They're also really easy to find in most retail stores.

Thanks guys for the input I was considering the Mee's and just recently found the PL50 and I am working my way through the reviews now. I know single BA IEM's are not ideal but it is what my budget will support.  I am going to take a hard look at the Astrotec although there seems to be some conflicting info about them on the interwebs. 

I am going to pass on anything that doesn't fit over the ears well.

Also I wont buy from apple they might be the deal of the century but I am going to pass.

DO any of you guys have one or more of these IEM's that you could compare?

Thanks

R-
Thanks

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #10 of 10
I am in the market for new in ears under $80(the cheaper the better). I listen to mostly rock and metal. i am on my he fence between a single or dual BA or a dual dynamic or hybrid a hybrid setup. I would prefer over the ear, with detachable cables. I like balanced(or v-shaped) punchy crisp sound, with lots of detail and speed. I would like a little sub bass also if possible. I have iPhone 8 Plus with Spotify premium for my source. I currently have the kz es3, which I am surprised with the quality for the price, but I find the highs to be slightly sibilant at times yet recessed, and the low end is slightly sloppy, but good quantity. I am currently looking at the Audio-Technica ath-LS50, Brainwavz b150, 1more dualdriver, Audio-Technica ath-ckb70, or Shure se-215. I have no way of hearing these in person. I’m hoping to be able to upgrade the cord to a lightning cable in the future but it’s not a dealbreaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back