budget audiophile flac portable player?..
May 29, 2011 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
i will begin my short story... i have a friend which has tunred very audiophile, after me giving to her some iems made by me... and i want to make an audiophile player as presentto her... now... i need an mp3 player... or i should better say flac player... that need to have enought memory, good battery, and most important are the sound quality and price.... 
i am using cowon j3... and i am very pleased... but it is far too expensive for beggining... i remember beggining with iriver e100.... and it being the first thing before the cowon j3... now... does anyone knows any good cheap players, or i will grab an cowon c2, iaudio9 or some some another cheaper cowon?........ (in my country sandisk sansa fuze, clip clip+ or anything from sandisk is about to3 times as expensive)... so no sandisk please....

May 30, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 14
S:Flo 2, Creative X-Fi, Samsung P3, Philips go gear.

May 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
S:Flo 2, Creative X-Fi 2, Samsung P3, Philips go gear.

X-Fi 2?
blink.gif

May 30, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 14

Sansa Clip+ 8 GB with a 32 GB micro sd, with Rockbox 3.8.1 with FLAC files and Westone 4.The best you can get for your money.Levi
Quote:
and i wanted the best sound quality for the price... not just a player capable of playing flac... but capable of playing flac files so damn well that you get an eargasm!...

May 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #9 of 14
See if you can find a second hand Cowon iAudio7.  For portability and SQ, they were fantastic.  I probably should have kept mine - but in the end needed the cash for  ..... other acquisitions
wink_face.gif

May 30, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 14
I second the call for the Cowon iAudio 7. 16 gb, really really good battery life, fantastic sound quality, handles all formats.
This is my main rig now, paired with ety ER4p's it is a superb rig- you just have to learn to live with the user interface (if only it was like the Sony S63* series). 

May 31, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #11 of 14
It might be hard to find an i7 though.....an i9 would be easier to find. The i9 has gapless playback and the newer Jeteffects like the J3.....it's better than the i7 in every way except for the battery life, which is rated at 29 hours instead of the i7's 60 hours.

May 31, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
what?... i expected that i9 would had a bigger battery life than it's little predecessor

No, it doesn't, unfortunately....it is thinner than the i7 so it has less room for a battery, plus the screen is bigger too.

May 31, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #14 of 14
how sad... the cowon site doesn;t have anymore the i7, for details... however... i do not need recomandation for headphones/iems, i am creating them, i needed just a cheap player with very good sq... i think that i will get or the cowon c2, or s9 or iaudio 9..... one of them should be good enough........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back