Budget and confused???
Nov 16, 2001 at 2:11 AM Post #46 of 53
I'm from Vacouver, BC Yah!!!
biggrin.gif
So many ppl are from around our area on these boards.

Where do you guys in the Lower Mainland get your headphone stuff? I have been thinking of buying online, but i'm afraid of hidden border taxes and such (i've bought online before, just at futureshop.ca).

Do you think i might have a hard time finding the V6's to demo or buy locally?
rolleyes.gif

Nov 16, 2001 at 3:09 AM Post #48 of 53
Yes, fit is part of it, in fact a BIG part of it.

it is also the casing.

For example, the KSC-35, having no case around the driver (yea, the driver is basically exposed, but don't worry, it's more durable than, say, the 50, where the driver isn't exposed) and the exact right fit and tightness, sounds incredibly more balanced than all of teh others.

So much that many would pay half again as much as many of the others for the 35!

Nov 16, 2001 at 7:10 PM Post #49 of 53
If the drivers on the KSC-35-50-55 and Sporta-pro are the same then why is the electrical impedance different between them.
I checked out the Sporta-pros and their impedance is 38ohm's my KSC-35 is 60ohm's. This lead's me to believe that they are different beasts.
JC

Nov 16, 2001 at 8:07 PM Post #50 of 53
woohoo vancouver!

anyway, i'm afraid of hidden border taxes and duties from ordering from US retailers online. damn. i'm afraid i'll end up paying like $50+ US if i order the KSC-35s from somewhere online. it's scary. that's like $75 US.

And jlo mein: i don't think it's possible to get V6s in Canada, but you can get their 'professional' equivalent, the 7506's. but they cost about $185 CDN. i know there's a store in Burnaby that carries them, but I forget what it's called. hmm...I wonder if Long & McQuade would have them...

Nov 16, 2001 at 8:11 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by Jrook
I checked out the Sporta-pros and their impedance is 38ohm's my KSC-35 is 60ohm's. This lead's me to believe that they are different beasts.

Just before I started typing this, I was holding both the Sportapros and the KSC-35s in my hands, with the pads taken off to compare. The drivers are identical.

The difference in impedance is probably attributable to different connecting cords and the fact that the Sportapros have a mute button.

Russ "The Peripatetic Audiophile"

Nov 17, 2001 at 2:58 AM Post #53 of 53
I'm sure someone including myself would be willing to buy a pair of the V6's for you for $69.00 and ship them to you. You could say that you left them at your friends house in the states when you visited, this way it would not be taxed at all. You may have to take them out of the box and send the reciept in a seperate letter or something, but what are friends for? we are all like friends eh...... well.....
biggrin.gif
JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back