Budget (<~$60) portable headphones that compliment .FLAC and have an overall atmospheric sound?
May 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ReDDs3D

Head-Fier
So my home kit works well, HARX 900 and AudioTechnica500 for my music, and for travel use I had a pair of Vmoda vibes which worked just alright for the most part with my iPod touch, and I need new compact earphones...I'm not really an audiophile, but I do recognize and appreciate good sound..

I recently got an android beats phone and since i can play .flac on that, i just wanted to buy some headphones that compliment that sound, since my vmoda's just don't do it justice (and they just haven't been that good for sound in general lately, i don't know why)...

I'm looking for some budget priced ~$60 or less headphones, I do want headphones with Bass, but not THAT much either, a moderate-high, punchy, but not overwhelming, and I want the mids and highs to be fairly balanced as well...

So far I was thinking of the Denon AH-C260 and the Sennheiser CX400, but I'm sure you all with this expertise will provide some much better suggestions...

My other option is go grab some replica Beats Solo headphones, I can get them easily where I am living right now for the price I was looking for, and I heard the sound quality is pretty similar to that of the real overpriced beats.

Thanks!

May 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
what do you like ??You want bass? You want balance sound? Focused on instruments and vocals??? we gotta know atleast that much.

What do you like?
I have a wide variety of music, everything from Depeche Mode to Jack Johnson, David Bowie to Tupac, Kraftwerk to Adele, so I really don't have a solid answer to that...

You want bass, balance sound?
Like I said before, I do want A LITTLE BIT emphasis on bass, but to the point where it's overwhelming, I still want a balance on mids and highs, but just a bit more emphasis on bass (atleast to my ear, it adds atmosphere to sound, but too much is bad)...

Focused on instruments on vocals??
That's really hard to answer, I want a balance between the too, maybe a bit more emphasis on instruments, but that's not THAT major of a factor that I need...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back